Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the truck up this morning warmed it up for 40 minutes at 1 grand (it was about 30 degrees). Drove the truck 15 minutes across town to the other garage. Was waiting for my dad to get there so I shut it off. Loaded up the truck and started it back up 20 minutes later (40degrees outside). Put it in first runing fine, get out on the road into second starts sputtering no power at the pedal. I pull over put it in neutral dies. Check for water nothing. Won't start!!! Help! BTW its a ford f-650 manual tranny with a cat 210 in it year 2002.
Thanks
Eric

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Make sure there's fuel in the tank, then try a new fuel filter. If that doesn't work, trace out your fuel line and make sure it has developed a hole that will allow air to enter the line. Your problem definately sounds like fuel delivery, this is where you should concentrate.

If the above check out OK, then make sure the fuel pump is actually functioning. At 40 degrees, there shouldn't be a problem with fuel gelling, otherwise your fuel would need treatment with anti gel additives.

I'll bet a new filter clears it up.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed it. Fuel in driver tank was empty and there was about 7 inches in the left side, they are supposed to self level so both tanks have the same amount of fuel. Added fuel to the tank and primed it up started rough, but running fine now. Bringing it back to the dealer sometime this week to have them figure out why its not sending to the other tank :rolleyes: Oh well problem solved.
FORD= Found On Road Dead haha other than that its a great machine.
Thanks Pelican
Eric

·
4,902 Posts
On the trucks I used to drive, there was a fuel line on the bottom of the tanks that connected the two of them so fuel would be drawn from both tanks. There was a shut off valve at each tank, make sure both of these are opened full.

The only other thing that could be wrong in this case is the line or one of the orifices is clogged. This system relies on gravity, so there can be no mechanical failure. Should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was registering fuel said I had over a 1/4 tank on the guage. I had my grandfather (diesel mechanic) come up and work on it with me and my dad and we finnally got it primed and running. Was sitting on the side of the road so it made it a little more stressful. Checked the lines underneath its an automatic system there wasn't any shut offvalves or anything seems like its just not taking it from that side maybe something electronic who knows. Truck is still under warantee at 4500 miles so we'll take it to the dealer sometime this week instead of making another project for ourselves, time seems to be shorter and shorter everyday. Oh well guess its like they say "stuff happens" ;)
Thanks
Eric

·
4,902 Posts
Oops!

I wasn't paying attention, didn't note it was an '02.

You're right, let them fix it.

On the trucks I ran, only the tank that the engine drew from had a fuel gauge, the other tank didn't. If the system was working properly, both tanks should have the same amount in them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.