Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my 2001 2500HD which is about to have its second rear end in under 30,000 miles.

I would love to hear from anyone running a F-350 4x4 PSD or gas with a plow and a 8' - 2yrd V box. How does it handle the weight?

I will be ordering a 2004 with X springs and Aux. spring on the rear. Than I will have the rear springs built up like I did on the F-450 and E rated tire too of course. But hearing from guys who are already running this type of set up sure does help.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Ron,

I currently run a 99 F350 powerstroke, regular cab, with an 8 ft Western pro plow. I usually have approximately 1000 lbs of weight in the back, and it doesn't even start to think about lowering the back end. During our last storm, I had the approximately 3000 lbs in the back, moving some bagged salt. Again, I couldn't even tell it was in there. I do have a friend that runs a F250 gasser, I think it is a 2000, with a stainless Western V box. I have seen his V box loaded, at it is just starting to squat his truck. I have had close to 3 tons in my truck at one time, moving bulk salt, and that did squat some.

John

·
Registered
127 Posts
MIne is a 97 but with a 8.5 fisher V and and an empty 8' vbox the truck looks the same With 2 yds of material she squats on the helper springs.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed,

I am going to order the truck with the Aux Spring (helper) like on the F-450. I am thinking with the Spring Build up and Timbrens like I did on the 450 it will handle any load just fine. Oh and looks like I am going with the Blizzard 810 too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
sounds like a great combo I'll be looking at getting something very similiar in about a year when i replace my 97 A blizzard 810 and smith electric vbox sounds like an unbeatable setup(especially on a FORD!!!!)

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have a '93 F350 XL. great work truck. very heavy duty. i have the factory helper springs. i have put 4500lbs of loam in the back. squatted past level, plently of power, good breaks but did notice some swaying from the tires.

are you talking single or duel rear wheels? not sure the single rears with E rating could handle much more weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts