Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I have a new EZ-V 8.6 plow.Twice while plowing(two different days),the Right wing would not function independently in any mode.I brought it to my dealer and of course it didn't do it while he had it.He kept it overnight and found nothing wrong.that I should bring it back if it does it again.I contacted Fisher and they said it may be the PC board in the control and to replace it.Do you have any ideas what may be wrong?Please help,thankyou,BASIC.

·
Registered
979 Posts
BASIC, just go back to your dealer and ask them for another Fish Stik to try and see if the plow work. If it does, then you know it's a bad PC board on your controller. It can be replaced I believe.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hi Basic, welcome to SC.com!

Sounds like you jumped right in! Congrats on the new V-plow. Sorry to hear about the problems. You should have gotten an owner's manual with the plow, and there should be a Troubleshooting section in there. If not they have the Mechanic's Guides at their web site for download or use. http://www.fisherplows.com/publications.asp?cat=35
You can check there as well. Make sure that none of things mentioned in there are causing any problems, then I'd go with WXMN's suggestion. See if the dealer will let you borrow another controller to see if that makes the difference. Good luck.

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
3 Things can cause this
1- bad controller
2- stuck valve cartridge
3- most likely cause, poor connections at grill, make sure you have dielectric grease in the connections, but not to much, next time this occurs, go out and wiggle the connector and see if the problem goes away

·
Registered
719 Posts
I can't beleive I'm agreeing with Dino on a Fisher V problem but I think it's a connection problem. Just take a quick look at the connector for the Fish stik when you remove the fish stik itself. When they install the wiring each of the 12 pins are inserted in the dash mount (female) end of the fish stik induvidualy, it is possible 1 of the pins didn't lock into position, if one of the pins in the female connector looks like it's mounted farther back then the others, then try to find which wire it is and push it in. Otherwise I'm sure your dealer will look after you

Bill

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ditto Dino and the poor connections at the grill!!

My Western MVP(same plow) would do that periodically last year. Everytime, it was the connection. Greased her up good, hasn't happened since;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys,thanks for the help.My dealer will change the PC board on Saturday.Hopefully thats it.I'll also do the other things that you suggested.I'll let you know what happens.Thankyou all again,BASIC.

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
As a side note, look on e bay under plow, and bid on v plow controllers when they are available. I have bought two from there for under 100.00 for each. Most people dont what they are for, since they dont work on straight plows. I have an extra controller for each of my v plows. One is a western controller, and the other is a fisher, but they are the same units. Anyway if I have one go south in a storm, at least I can still keep plowing.
Bill
for all the time and snow that fisher of yours has plowed, fisher shoul give you a new plow. BTW how are those 9.5' wings doing on the dodge.
Dino

·
Registered
719 Posts
Dino
Great! I can't beleive the extra foot of plow makes that much difference in time on a lot. But I know your dying to ask, yes I have creased the plates on the new wings, but not like I did on the old 8.5 wings without the stop kit. I haven't bend any cylinder pins, nor taken out any cylinder fittings! On the old plow I cut out the old plates after they broke along the creases, and replaced them with new 1/8 plate bend to fit, they never creased or cracked again, maybe the wing took a set? Oh the right wing did break in 2 last winter and the left wasn't far behind, but the plow has produced about 250K in income so you see why I hold it in such high regard (I wish I could get the same return in the stock market:D )

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts