Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a couple of those cable steps used on loaders, etc.? We are thinking of mounting them on our trucks for easier access and with their flexibility they would stand up great! I mean really, if they can take a beating on a CAT working the quarry, they should be able to handle an occasional Saturn.....

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
2 Posts
HerkFE, I used to work as a welder in a large stone quarry where we used cable steps on all of the equipment. Most of these steps were made by the welders at the plant. We would take 2 pieces of half inch cable about 14 to 18 inches long and insert the cable into a half inch nut. Weld the cable and the nut together on the end that sticks througn the nut. Take a piece of angle iron and burn one hole through each end for the cable to pass through. This makes your step and when you turn the angle upside down it also hides the nuts. Put the free end of the cable through the holes in the steps of the machine and weld the other half inch nuts onto the cable. We put a-lot of these steps on the machines and most were made from scraps that were left from other projects. They should hold up for years on most machines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts