Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

kind of a technical question here. So here is basically the issue I'm having.

Running a 2020 Chevy 2500HD with a Western Mid-weight Ultra Mount 2 (2 connector). Towards the end of last season i was noticing what looked to me like a power surge whenever I would release one of the plow controller buttons. Disclaimer, I do not know for sure if it is, but it is what it appears like to me. This surge would disable my radio, truck sounds (like turn signals, warnings, etc.) and also mess with the trucks ESC for about 1 second before turning them back on. After this happened about 40 or so times (it reared its head in the middle of a blizzard we had last year) it fried my Radio Control Module. Chevy fixed it under warranty, as the truck had 6,000 miles on it at the time. Season ended shortly after so I couldn't really tell if it did it again.

Fast forward to this year. Problem starts happening again. Press a plow directional button, release it, power surge. I did some research and found that a lot of the newer trucks do not have the secondary battery. So I installed that. No change. It does appear to only want to happen while the truck is in motion, and will seldomly do it when it is stopped. So now I'm really out of ideas. I don't want this thing to fry my truck again and I'm getting to my point where I'm about to disconnect it permanently. Is there anything you guys can think of that would be causing this? Controller malfunctioning? Improper Ground? I have no idea where to go with this.

Thanks in advance fellas

1 - 1 of 1 Posts