Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plow is 20 years old but very well taken care of and maintained. I plow with an 82 HP full cab Kubota tractor. This year when I mounted the plow and plugged in the battery connector the pump immediately came on and the plow powered up and the pump continued to run. This all took place with out the control block connected. I've replace the solenoid and traced wires but the problem continues. Can anyone tell me what's going on and a solution.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
My plow is 20 years old but very well taken care of and maintained. I plow with an 82 HP full cab Kubota tractor. This year when I mounted the plow and plugged in the battery connector the pump immediately came on and the plow powered up and the pump continued to run. This all took place with out the control block connected. I've replace the solenoid and traced wires but the problem continues. Can anyone tell me what's going on and a solution.
What model boss will help us get the right trouble shooting materials for you.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hopefully you used a quality solenoid and not a cheap Ford starter solenoid
Next plug in the control box and turn it on and then connect your plow
If it still runs there could be a short between the black and the white wires and make sure it’s connected properly because you can only run if that’s solenoid is activated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I replaced the solenoid with an Echlin solenoid. The problem has to be on the plow side. With the control box disconnected, and plugging in the power (battery power) to the plow, the pump activates and raises. There is arcing at the plug when I plug it in and the pump will continue to run until I unplug it. I've inspected and cleaned the wiring and connections on the plow side and control box connection.
Again, the control box is disconnected when this issue occurs, so the black and white wire should be removed from the equation. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called the Boss tech line. A couple calls back and forth and realized how stupid I am. Thanks to Rob and Andy at Boss, problem solved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts