Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally replaced my old E47 with a new E58H pump assembly.
Works really well but I noticed when I raise the plow and let the lift switch
return to center the plow angles to the left slightly. Obviously it does this every time
you lift the plow and continues till it’s fully angled left. It’s a pain to keep putting it back
straight every time you lift the plow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My controller consists of the 3 vintage Meyer toggle switches. One to raise, one for angling and
the headlight control switch. I did change both plow switches to no avail.
I will have to check the solenoids next. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Finally replaced my old E47 with a new E58H pump assembly.
Works really well but I noticed when I raise the plow and let the lift switch
return to center the plow angles to the left slightly. Obviously it does this every time
you lift the plow and continues till it’s fully angled left. It’s a pain to keep putting it back
straight every time you lift the plow.
Meyer E-58 pumps tend to do this. The reason is that if power is sent to the motor only the plow will angle left. When you raise the plow there seems to be just a very slight amount of power that is present before the lift power stops, which angles the plow to the left just a little. I don't believe you can eliminate this, as I have plowed with Meyers for over 30 years before switching to Boss 10 years ago. The Meyer E-58H is a good unit, and I do not think you have a problem, as thats what they do in my years of ownership. You should also notice if you angle left, the plow will stop smoothly, but when you angle right, there is more of a clunk when it stops. This is normal for the Meyers. I agree, it is a pain to deal with all the time. I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You nailed it, this is exactly what I am experiencing!
Whenever you angle right the plow is “jerky” and
appears to want to go back left slightly. I would have
to say there’s a little power present here too?
You don’t really notice it during plowing operations as
I’m normally going for full right or left angle. It’s when you
try angling right slightly to put it back straight after lifting that you see this.
Kinda sad after spending over 2k for this unit.
I did reached out to Meyer right after I got the unit installed thinking maybe this problem
was a warranty issue, to date no one has returned my call or email.
I’m relieved to know that I’m not the only person to experience this issue.
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
You nailed it, this is exactly what I am experiencing!
Whenever you angle right the plow is “jerky” and
appears to want to go back left slightly. I would have
to say there’s a little power present here too?
You don’t really notice it during plowing operations as
I’m normally going for full right or left angle. It’s when you
try angling right slightly to put it back straight after lifting that you see this.
Kinda sad after spending over 2k for this unit.
I did reached out to Meyer right after I got the unit installed thinking maybe this problem
was a warranty issue, to date no one has returned my call or email.
I’m relieved to know that I’m not the only person to experience this issue.
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it!
No problem, and happy to share what I know about Meyer plows. I had owned Meyer plows from 1973-2007 as I started out with E-47, then E-60 and finally E-58H. Each unit got progressively better, but I had always had issues with Meyer. On the ST 90 plows the "A" frame had a weak area just in front of the chain attaching point, as they would crack. I had to weld reinforcement plates on them, before Meyer finally made the part better stamping a bend in the plate making it stronger. Then there used to be the issue of Meyer fluid freezing up. It took Meyer a long time to make a good fluid, as most other plows were using a form of Transmission fluid, which was far supper to Meyer. I had one the first "V" plows, which lasted me all of 6 hours of plowing before the plow broke the A frame again. I had to buy a straight blade to finish the season and then sold the V plow and lost my butt on money. Meyer always used the consumer to test new equipment, and had terrible customer service. I still have many new OEM spare parts that I will sell soon. I love my Boss Plow and thier service. Good luck with your plow and plowing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts