Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting erady to put my E47 back together. Needed to replace the packing cup due to my plow deiding to leak down this fall when I moved my truck, also repalced the A valve and coil. The ram seems tight in the cap, I'm thinkinig this maybe normal to keep the water out but thought I'd check with the lifexperts. Was able to pull it up in the cap using a bar throgh the hole to the lift bar. Was hard to get it back down due to no way to secure the cap while i used the bar to push and twist the ram back in. I know for the past few years when I floated the blade and then wanted to lower the ram I had to use a long bar about 3' long to pry the arm down to unhitch the chain. I have a 2nd older cap that I replaced that is tight also. Have I missed or over looked something?

Thanks,
Bill

ps I HATE WINTER at my old age.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes the new seal is tight, when putting back together. BUT, what you describe, especially having to use a long lever to push ram back in when in use, usually points to a bent ram. They bend right at the threads that hold the seal and piston on, so then the ram binds all the time, as it rides in a bushing up top. T check, take piston,seal o-ring and nut off of ram, roll ram on a flat surface, see if threads wobble up and down. Does not take much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts