Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to your site but like what I see and what I have read so here is my problem. My plow will angle left and right but it won't hold the angle. I can put the board straight and push it by hand to the left or right and then pull it back by hand. It is easier to push it right than it is to push it left but it still goes pretty easy. I just had the pump bench tested by a Meyer Dealer the other day for another problem and they replaced the "C"valve. I was told to bleed the system off because there maybe air in it but I'm not sure how to do that. I would appreciate any input you can give me.

·
Registered
832 Posts
"Welcome thomasjkt"
I'm guessing that the "C" valve was bloated form posibly striking something with the plow and the valve took a very big pressure spike.
With the plow on the ground angle your plow back and forth allowing the air to be worked out of the cylinders and back up into the tank, this could take many cycles of your plow to get the air out.
Refill the pump as needed when finished.
If your problem doesn't go away have the crossover relief valve checked out by your Meyer dealer too.
:rolleyes: John................

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I agree with John.Usually when you see a swelled C valve,the crossover relief should be checked or replaced as well.

Oh..........and welcome to the site. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. The reason they replaced C valve to begin with was. no matter what I tried to do with the plow controls the plow would angle right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts