Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I have a 2001 Dodge 2500 with a Meyers straight blade with the E-60 pump. Unsure of the age of the plow or motor but would guess older. I had new hydraulic fittings and hoses put on last year and then the snow was done. This year I hooked it up and everything worked on the plow but the trucks 4wd needed parts... So now the truck is fixed but the plow wont move up or side to side. I do hear a click when I hit the controller buttons but no movement. I jumped the relay and that didn't do anything. I checked fluid and added some ( didnt seem too low). No electrical connections seemed loose by a tug test. Now I walked away to grab some rags and when I cam back all the controls worked - up, down, right and left. I cycled the movement for a few minutes. After cleaning up the tools ( 5 minutes or so) nothing works again - no up or side to side.

So with sometime working and sometimes not is this a hydraulic or electric problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I have seen this questions a lot about the motor, how loud is the motor? I dont hear anything besides the diesel. Would the motor only make noise when the buttons are pressed? I wouldn't expect the motor to make noise as the cylinder isn't moving but nothing would move or make noise if the motor is bad. Do motors go bad just sitting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dieseldude that's a great point. Got wrapped up in not wanting to try and jump start the biggest vehicle I have.

I hear no motor turning or trying to turn. I did scrounge up a test light and do have power on both sides of the solenoid and at the motor.

So I guess I was just using up the last of motor to get the plow hooked up this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts