Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks. Tale so far. Community truck for our road. Plow would not angle right. Right couplers would not come apart. Replaced all 4. With hoses connected to each other I can get the plow to angle by hand, but not easy. Figure it is an old plow. Bought a new C solenoid and valve. Hit the switch to angle right and it goes left and there is so much pressure on the right coupler that I have to take the coupler loose to bleed the pressure off. Thoughts? This critter has got to leave my yard. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ok folks. Tale so far. Community truck for our road. Plow would not angle right. Right couplers would not come apart. Replaced all 4. With hoses connected to each other I can get the plow to angle by hand, but not easy. Figure it is an old plow. Bought a new C solenoid and valve. Hit the switch to angle right and it goes left and there is so much pressure on the right coupler that I have to take the coupler loose to bleed the pressure off. Thoughts? This critter has got to leave my yard. Thanks for your help in advance.
Did you check for current and magnetism at the C valve? The plow raises and lowers?

·
Registered
682 Posts
What’s a solenoid valve?
Most all utilize one relief/bypass valve.(quill)

Did you check for magnetism at c valve?
You can have power to a coil and the coil could still be bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brand new Cs olenoid w/ coil. I am working my way now thru themeyers shop manual for the E^). My next steps seem to be to check the check valve and xover check valve. Note. The oil looks like a milk shake so I am pretty sure I am going to find a check valve or a slide stuck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Brand new Cs olenoid w/ coil. I am working my way now thru themeyers shop manual for the E^). My next steps seem to be to check the check valve and xover check valve. Note. The oil looks like a milk shake so I am pretty sure I am going to find a check valve or a slide stuck.
The fluid has air in it, or is it contaminated with water? You might want to do a complete re seal on it. And replace the crossover valve. There is a place, Smith Brothers, they have a good site with a
lot of Meyer info on it. I think they are the original creators of this site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Upon disassembling the xover valve, i received a face full of oil. Cleaned it and reassembled, same damn thing. Upon trying to angle right, the plow goes left and stays. Try to uncouple the hose, I find the hose for the right side cylinder has o much pressure that I cannot uncouple it w/o bleeding the pressure one ay or another. I am at my wit's end with this thing. Any freakin' ideas? The next thing I guess would be to replace the xover valve maybe?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Upon disassembling the xover valve, i received a face full of oil. Cleaned it and reassembled, same damn thing. Upon trying to angle right, the plow goes left and stays. Try to uncouple the hose, I find the hose for the right side cylinder has o much pressure that I cannot uncouple it w/o bleeding the pressure one ay or another. I am at my wit's end with this thing. Any freakin' ideas? The next thing I guess would be to replace the xover valve maybe?
I would bet the cross over valve isn’t relieving pressure... I say replace it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts