Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to plowing. I have used this plow for going on 3 seasons on mine and my grandmother's driveway without any issues. First snow earlier this year I hooked the plow up and it would only go up and down but not side to side, it was almost seized I thought. I plowed with it stuck angled off that day but after that day it wouldn't move any direction and the pump motor was very loud. I had a second plow with same motor laying out back so I swapped the whole motor an cylinder with valves onto my plow. And it lifted! Very quiet an nice actually! So I got cocky and hooked up my angle cylinders one would move free an the other wouldn't so I put pressure on it an stuck a screwdriver in the line an the cylinder pushed back in. So I attached them and I'll be damned it worked up, down, left, right!

Then.... after about a half dozed swipes it wouldn't lift or do anything again... And the motor went from super quiet to extremely loud. I did loss some fluid so I decided to check fluid an did add some but still nothing but a very loud motor. I feel like I need to bleed it somehow? Or maybe I need to drain fluid and try again? Just very confused on how everything worked again after swapping out the whole assembly but after 10min of use I'm back to nothing... I'm frustrated but I'm also new to hydraulics so I'm not sure where to go with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts