Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To us diesel junkies who cant get enough,I figured this may be of interest. I am trying a few new sets of injectors tomorrow to see how they perform in my truck.Last night after retorquing my head,I installed the biggest set :D .After getting the motor running,which take about 20 seconds to get the air out of the system,i noticed the engine was much quieter and idled much smoother. It was zero out last night ,literally,and I dont
know how these injectors will act in a bit warmer temps,BUT I can tell you my truck has never performed like this,ever.I have to readjust my wastegate now,im getting so much boost/fuel that the boost is going over 70psi now:D . The truck feels as strong now on #2 as it did before with nitrous. Tomorrow will be judgement day, I will be dynoing up in Mass,to see what this got me in the way of HP. My seat ofthe pants tells me i picked up at least 50HP over what i had with my Bully dog 7.s.They did 547HP on #2 this summer.Im pretty sure i had a blown head gasket at the time too. Im hoping for 600 to the ground on #2 tomorrow:cool: .

·
Registered
309 Posts
John DiMartino said:
Last night after retorquing my head,I installed the biggest set :D .
ROTFLMAO!!!:grinz

John, you are just like me!! Maybe that's why we get along so well:D

I don't know how some people do it, but they install something like a flip chip and then say "I haven't tried it on the high setting yet" HUH??????:headwall I put something in and it goes to MAX immediatly!!:burnout LOL!!!

Sounds like you have been having head gasket probs for longer than you think:eek:

Please let us know the new numbers!!:grinz

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg,go big or go home:D . I think your right about the head gasket. Now that I have the fire rings,I should be set to 80PSI of boost. In talking with Van Haisley of haisley machine http://www.haisleymachine.com/. Van said to me that using the nitrous with 12mm head studds,it is possible to actually lift the head,which is what i may have been doing. So im going to be drug free for a while until i can yank the motor to get the 14mm studds put in,or they make a jig i can rent/but that I can install and do it with the motor in the truck.To be honest with how the truck runs now,you really cant use any more power on the street,you need a dragstrip,the truck is just too quick to be playing around on the street now with the fueling box on. These EDMs feel stronger with the box off,than the DD supermental injectors do on level 4. (100+hp.) supermental injectors give a 125HP gain.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was going to ask the same thing JD,you beat me to it,i would love to see that thing dynoed.
John,what does the Cummins turn up to in your truck?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive never been there,BUT these are the directions given to me,so i dont know if they are accurate. It is in Seekonk Ma,
From I-95 going North, take exit 20 onto I-195 going East (South) This is right in the middle of Providence, it's a right exit in the middle of a construction zone...at least it was the last time I was there.

About 4.5-5 miles down the road, take exit 1
and bear right on Fall River Ave. This should merge with route 6 going east. Dez's is about 2.5 miles on the right, opposite pit entrance for Seekonk Speedway. Look for the Dynojet sign and that all important coke machine The name of the place is Mike Dez' racing. If any of you guys have nextels PM me with your private IDs and keep in touch tomorrow if your coming.Ill ssend out smoke clouds of you cant find it:D

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would love to run down there,but i will be out on the ocean freezing my ### off trying to get my lobster gear home in the yard,brrrr,i hope it warms up soon.:D :D Keep your camera handy,we love pics.:cool:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill throw the camera in the truck now,or ill forget it,LOL. Il ltake pics,but all your going to see is SMOKE:D ,which is a good thing.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive been busy,but the results of the step 5's were 560RWHP,we were getting trucks on and off pretty quick,so we didnt do torque readings.I had thought the biggest ones were bigger than that.But they actually were smaller then the ones I already have.These step 5 are sweet,probably the ideal street injectors for Cummins owners looking for the most HP ,and some smoke control.,We also tried a high flow set of delivery tubes,which gave us 20hp with the box off.(364Hp),but not even one Hp more with it on,which it wierd.It was so cold,out and we did a few injectors swaps,so i only got time to swap tubes in my truck,since it was too cold to work outside,there was only room for one truck+ the one being dynoed. Im getting a bigger set to try next:D .

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
So we going to get some bigger smoke pics?

Only 70psi? pffft :rolleyes: J/K :)

comparing my 30 to yours is like comparing a fart to a leaf blower:eek: Probably make more boost at idel than I do at WFO LOL

I just want to save up for a trany so I can break 450 RWHP, then I'll be happy.....for a few minutes anyway. Its never ending is it?

Did I mention SCHWEEEEEET :shades

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you asked any kid in your town, John, I bet they would say. " When I grow up, I want a truck just like uncle Johnny's. (make little kid truck sounds now)" :D

Cripes, Johnny, that is nuts. Lifting the friggin head up, because you have too much boost:scramble And here I am, wanting to upgrade my TCC and Valve Body this spring, just so I can add some fuel.

I have had to restrict myself from browsing the Turbod Diesel Register, because I almost find myself ordering up fuel plates, Valve Bodies, etc. instead of PAYING OFF MY TRUCK. Pretty soon, I'll probably be pawning off things in my room, like my bed, for mods;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts