Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw in Hard Hat News that GM is increasing the 2004 Duramax engines to 310HP and 70 more lb ft of torque.:D :burnout :burnout

I guess that there comback to the new 6.0L ford.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I seen this too,theres a lot more in there if they want it,IMO. If I bought a new one the day i picked it up,Id download a 380hp prgram in it anyway:D .After driving my Dodge 300HP isnt even close to enough. At least we know the duramax should stay together unlike the 6.0 PSD.

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
My guess is that the HP increaseis in direct relation to dodge upping the ante. Just go to www.dieselstop.com and you will quickly see that the 6.0 is no competition to the d max or cummins for that matter. In fact it is pretty widely accepted that ford will drop the 6.0 by 06-07 at the latest. In fact ford is so disappointed with the 6.0 that ford halted development of the v6 diesel that INTL was working on for the ranger and 150 line of trucks. This is of course ironic cause the 6.0 block has had very few issues, seems most problems have been with the injection system and turbo system, which fod supplies. The 6.0's that are in INTL trucks have been reliable.
According to numbers that I have read, GM has cut into the ford diesel sales by 25%
The latest d max engine coded LLY is in production now. It has upgraded injectors, the 01-mid 04 d max have had injector durability issues. The latest cummins oferings are 325 hp and 600 ft lbs.
Dino

·
Registered
85 Posts
What are the exact numbers for the new d-max? 310 hp and 590ft lb of torque... Sounds like it will be a hell of a engine!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts