Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with the durabak products? Durabak Bedliners

I saw their add in the latest issue of Petersen's 4Wheel&Offroad, and thought I'd see if anyone else had heard anything about them.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Not trying to slam them but, DONT DO IT!! Look into a good sprayed in liner like Ameraguard or Line-X. Im familiar with ameraguard and its a 2 part system that goes on hot and cures hard in about 10 seconds. No waiting for the material to cure, you can put the truck to use as soon as you pick it up.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ameraguard

You say hard, like a plastic coating? I like the texture of the rhino linings, I thought the Line-X was a little too hard, not rubbery enough.

I just saw the ad, thought I'd see what people around here thought. Thanks Crash!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
hard or soft- depends on what you need the liner to do.

I hauled 3 loads of rock at about a ton each in my chevy. Shoveled it in AND out!! I was going to school in FL at the time and it was almost 100*F out. The Line-X in my truck never snagged the shovel or showed any wear after all this abuse. Rhino will tend to tear under this kind of use, and I don't even want to think of what a roll-on might do. Rhino is useful if your need is more to hold things in place and prevent minor scratches and such. Line-x is a MUCH tougher material, but stuff slides on it pretty easily, especially when it's cold. Although, I have found that if I put my tube sand in while soft and thawed, when it freezes, it just about bonds itself to the line-x. Doesn't move at all! I got line-x on my new truck and will likely never get anything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts