Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I dont have an import but I thought this would be a good place for the post since it is a compact

I want a dump bed for my s10, I do alot of very small hauling 500-1000 lbs and am looking into a dump bed for one of my trucks and I would rather it be on my s10 for several resons. But alas all I can find are full size dumps and I also dont want a slide in.

If interested my reasons for the compact are
smaller easier to menuver
if I go full size I want more capacity than my 3/4ton
(don't want to by a 1 ton yet)
gas mileage(I get 15 with the s10 with 5000lbs in tow)
3/4 gets 5 empty
and I don't want a trailer because with the bed I can still pull my tractors with a load of mulch instead of 2 trips one with dump trailer one with flat bed

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here's a new idea. Go to <www.loadhog.com> There's a fellow just accross the lake that has two of these for sale. One in da box, and one installed on an '88 1/2 ton flatbed. I'll take a looky one day soon... Andrew

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to avoid that route because my bed is in sad shape and I want the bed to be strong enough that I can throw large heavy objects in ie unsplit oak and not worry about trashing the bed like I already have. there is a sand blasting company about 70 miles from my place that has a s10 with a true dump on it I need to try calling to find where they got it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts