Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to outfit my truck with a dump box or flat bed(dumping). it's a '93 F350 SRW. it will be used for landscaping.
any particular mfg?

most of what i've seen uses a seperate elec/hyd set-up. i do have a PTO available. do i want to use this?

what's a good choice for a hoist? seems a though there's a few types not familar with any of them.

i can do welding and light fabbing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES!!! i cant stand seeing 1" of snow!!! LOL

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
The one I have is by Alum-Line . reading makes a pretty good steel one.

I have a Rugby hoist under mine, it's electro hydraulic. I prefer a PTO pump, they're much faster, but a pain in the neck with an automatic. A scissors type hoist will be the most stable.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks pelican. i've requested some info on the aluma-line.

just curious what makes a PTO difficult with an auto? (thats what i have)

·
4,902 Posts
It's a multi step process to engage and disengage the pump. If you do it in the wrong sequence, you've got to shut the truck off and start over. I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just not convenient to use.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Awhile back I borrowed a freind of mines F800 and it was an auto with the PTO and it was nice but like steve said it is a pain to operate.Verse driving a stick pushing the cluth in and throw the pto in gear and Bam your done.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Knapheide makes a nice unit.they have a regular platform dump body mason dumps and one they call the landscaper which i don't think you need but its a nice unit

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
Keep an eye out in the trader mags, or bargain news.
I just picked up a dump body with subframe, it had the lift cyl pump and valve for a pto setup, for 1200.00. I nixxed the pto set up and can get an elctro hydro unit for the body for 500.00 new.
With the sframe only took about 2 hs to mount the body on the chassis.
Dino

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just put a 8' rugby flatbed on my 90 f350 srw I want to make it a dump bed and need to find a elec/hydro kit to do so. I saw the ones in northern tool Just wandering if anyone has seen their kits or any others that are built well and not too much over $1000
thanks in advance
Brian

·
4,902 Posts
Brian, Rugby makes one of the best hoists out there, available either in electric or PTO. I had one on my '97 350 dump, and currently have that on my '01 flatbed. I don't know the cost, but check with your body supplier.

I'd be wary of what you see at Northern. They have a lot of great products, but some items are not of real good quality. Remember, you'll probably get what you pay for. Also remember to factor in shipping costs, sometimes when this is added it's cheaper to get it at your dealer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks pelican, well i ended ties with our truck body shop after ordering this body. We have used them for truck bodies on many other trucks but the owner has since passed and the new guy running it is worthless. Guess i need to find a another rugby dealer in the DC metro area

1 - 12 of 12 Posts