Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Down Easter (Model #1506) 1.5yd sander. I want to get the poly covers but they’re back ordered a few months. I was wondering what people were doing for covers other than tarps. Thanks in advanced!

· Registered
17 Posts
I have a Down Easter (Model #1506) 1.5yd sander. I want to get the poly covers but they’re back ordered a few months. I was wondering what people were doing for covers other than tarps. Thanks in advanced!
Many times,,,,but not always..I've found that it's sometimes better to fab your own way to heaven ...I happen to have extra skills working with wood and metal...I've become a fan of wood pallets and bed iron...that people throw to the curb...along with perhaps a few other goodies. Many times I fab a cab...or cover..or such...cuz it's way cheaper than what's being sold...or so I can custom it better for my needs. Perhaps in your case it's time to "bend some beds"...just cut some slots in the angle frame make a curve bend...tie them into an outside frame you've made that fits on the sander/salter..find an old pool liner...cover or heavy canvas tarp...make it so it comes off easy...or use a hinge system...let your fab skills run wild! You may have to think extra in some area's...like...will it withstand highway wind..what way do I build...with or against the curve...you for sure don't want it flying off and hitting something or someone...so always be smart, think of all the "angles"...do a "dry" test run...back road or such... NEVER be afraid of Fakebook Marketplace, Craigslist,Ebay,Utube...or the such...I've seen so many cool things made by other folks and I "borrow" their trial and fail idea's..plus also those places may sell the canvas or pool liner material u need?? NEVER be afraid to "tackle" ..."try"...it not work?...make it better...modify...fix..adjust... and remember....you can't do it until that cell phone or computer is put to the sideline for a day...while you dig out the real tools!!! Good luck to you...I now go look at that snowblower someone threw out(gave me)...they are part of the "throw it away buy it new society"...looks like it only needs a sheer bolt...the one last year that was thrown out..needed a spark plug.... the true story of a dying breed ;-( me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts