Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well they got me today in a brand new 2010 F-450 & actually put me on the scales....I figured what ever, I only had 3 yds of loam on it...Well how does a $160 ticket for scaling in @ 19,400 sound....3,400 lbs overweight Icouldnt believe it so I got out & looked & it was 19,170 with out me...I just laughed & said what can I tell ya :p...

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
I've said more than once the F-450 is a useless truck. The tare weight is no different than an F-550, yet higher than a 350 and can carry no more payload. The only thing this truck is good for is towing trailers that are heavier than the 350 can handle. For payload, get the 550.

I hope your cop will play "Let's Make a Deal" at the courthouse....

·
Registered
568 Posts
Tommy where did you get grabbed?Did they set up on 495 south?Dont bother trying to fight it they no longer let you slide just cus you went to court.Will that go on your driving record and give more points?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
As far as tickets go thats really not that bad. I've heard of a landscaper that got tagged for not having vent caps on the gas cans he had on the trailer, $500............EACH! $1500 ticket. :eek::eek:

He's appealing last I heard.

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
As far as tickets go thats really not that bad. I've heard of a landscaper that got tagged for not having vent caps on the gas cans he had on the trailer, $500............EACH! $1500 ticket. :eek::eek:

He's appealing last I heard.
Hmmm, I thought OSHA didn't allow vented caps?

Don't they have to be spill proof?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

Don't really know what the regs are since thats not my line of work, I will say its probably older cans that used to be allowed but apparently aren't anymore. Last time I purchased any cans (plastic) they had vents on the rear you can unscrew but that was about 7-8 years ago and they were diesel cans (if that makes a difference?).:beatsme

·
Registered
6,272 Posts

know we all know one side says one thing and the other side will say another thing your will not will especialy when no one ones anything to begine with. all i know is that they have power over you to make your life hell. makes you want to charge them 2-3 times any amount when they want work done.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well they got me today in a brand new 2010 F-450 & actually put me on the scales....I figured what ever, I only had 3 yds of loam on it...Well how does a $160 ticket for scaling in @ 19,400 sound....3,400 lbs overweight Icouldnt believe it so I got out & looked & it was 19,170 with out me...I just laughed & said what can I tell ya :p...
I think you made out pretty cheaply.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tommy where did you get grabbed?Did they set up on 495 south?Dont bother trying to fight it they no longer let you slide just cus you went to court.Will that go on your driving record and give more points?
Yes Sir, 495 headed southbound @ exit 16 King St, Franklin....It shouldnt go on my driving record, but I heard that they changed some law or something that the DOT tickets can go on the drivers record too, It better not I have a spotless driving record

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things You Dont Say To A D.O.T. Cop:

1. Officer; your eyes looked glazed. Have you been eating doughnuts?

2. I know that gun ain't loaded; Andy only gave you one bullet.

3. Which log book do you want?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yes Sir, 495 headed southbound @ exit 16 King St, Franklin....It shouldnt go on my driving record, but I heard that they changed some law or something that the DOT tickets can go on the drivers record too, It better not I have a spotless driving record
Why should it not go on your record? Didn't you break the rules by operating an overweight motor vehicle therefore endangering the safety of those around you?

·
Registered
229 Posts
It always used to be - "Company X" causing operation of vehicle over weight. But that may have changed.

In the pre CDL days it created a loophole. My employer at one time registered a Ford Louisville just under the limit to operate with a Maine Class 3 (class C now) as the limit in Maine before CDL was by registered weight not GVW.

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts