Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone has to look out for you guys so here it is,

The annual CVSA DOT blitz is upon us again. The 3 day blitz will be June 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Some states may have additonal activity the days before and after the scheduled days.

Make sure youve got your act together and if you have to visit with the boys make sure you play nice during the visit and if you think they are wrong, argue it out in court.

Be Safe!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Thank you. haven't heard too much chatter about it yet.

I was driving the other night, slightly overweight @ 80k lbs - but pulling hills no problem passing other trucks bogged down. Was talking to another truck, he said I looked like I was empty the way the truck was moving-uhhhh nope. I didn't want to advertise over the radio how heavy I was.

·
Registered
108 Posts
stay out of 91 and 95 in new haven it's already started 4day's in a row they been out there. milford area is for the end of the week.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
stay out of 91 and 95 in new haven it's already started 4day's in a row they been out there. milford area is for the end of the week.
Ya they where on Rt 8 too.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's DOT, I can't tell you the last time I saw them in my area. :eek:

Feeling left out john, let me make a few calls and see if we can get one lined up in rearview.

Us taxpayers in MI went and bought the Sate Police some new 2 wheelers a few years ago and they are really putting them to use this week. We have a 1/2 mile construction zone on the highway on the south end of town and they had 4 of them playing Evil Knevil there all day.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Actually to be politically correct it isnt' DOT that stops you DMV does. DOT is responsible for care and construction of the roadways DMV enforces the laws.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Actually to be politically correct it isnt' DOT that stops you DMV does. DOT is responsible for care and construction of the roadways DMV enforces the laws.
DMV is where you go to get a drivers license LOL

Here it's the State Troopers Motor Vehicle Inspectors

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Feeling left out john, let me make a few calls and see if we can get one lined up in rearview.

Us taxpayers in MI went and bought the Sate Police some new 2 wheelers a few years ago and they are really putting them to use this week. We have a 1/2 mile construction zone on the highway on the south end of town and they had 4 of them playing Evil Knevil there all day.
I can't tell you the last time that I saw DOT out in my area, and we have the Toll Road and I-94 that runs through my county. Oh yes I can say when, it was approximately 7 years ago at a fatal accident involving a semi. Called for DOT to do an inspection on the truck, and the female DOT officer arrives, and I tell her what happened, and that I need an inspection on the truck. She said she did not know what to do, as she had never been involved with a fatal accident before. Mind you, dispatch had called the State to had someone come for the inspection.

In Indiana, DOT is part of the State Police, although there squad are different color, and they DO NOT carry any weapons. Not something that I would do, that's for sure.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Motor Carrier enforcement officers is a nice name for them,,,,,:wink

Well in Mi iam suprised there running a gaunlet since Grandmole poop canned about 1/2 of the state Troopers in Mich... I do belive the funding comes from the Feds anyway thats why it doesnt stop the enforcement here.

Like Jeff said you best have a level head and heed his advice about shutting your pie hole and taking up any issues in court not on the side of the road...

My friendly competion here in Midland 'NOT" had one of there carriers impounded tuesday in Flint for running a car on the deck plus two motorcycles and one off the stinger there Tow plate was jerked until the weight plate is purchased which was based on scaled wieght at the time , so what does that mean since i have been there done that... It means you just lost your 200 dollar a year wrecker plate for a wieght plate in my case randy was bringing back two Skid steers that carrier is costing me 1400 a year now for a plate ,,, oh ya thats not including the fine...

This is why the truck has been parked more and my 330 Pete 4 car is running most all of the loads.

Oh ya ask me what i think of a Paccar 8 sore subject right now...:mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts