Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how well does your weatherguesser do?

Yup that's their name...Weatherguesser. I wish I could get paid what they do to guess.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
and

I wish I could get paid for being wrong a great deal of the time . If they dont know they should say so ??

·
Registered
445 Posts
Weatherguesser is right 4 different ones in my area all predicted different snow amounts and all 4 were wrong as usual.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I stopped watching those idiots a long time ago.

Now I watch the radar and get the weather forecast straight from Enviroment Canada, they update when it's needed and it's usually right on.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Wednesday night into Thursday the local forecasters were calling for 1" east of Cleveland and then 1-2" plus in the far eastern areas and higher elevations. Best of my knowledge we got some light flurries that were not sustained. No accumulation.

It was of course their lead story. They have to hype something to get people to watch the news. The worst part is that we are used to snow in Cleveland. It's not like we've never seen it before. Why they have to put a reporter out in front of the DOT department in a parka... "Well Bob, the spokesman from DOT tells us they are ready and waiting for the storm."

I guess on the one hand I should be grateful for the hype. It means our society is less tolerant of snow and ice. You get the media to hype it and it gets people all riled up. For me, I just have to learn not to watch them.

This is our first season with Murray & Trettle. We got a warning fax from them last night with the follow up phone call telling me what they saw. They were very realistic. They were calling for localized accumulations of possibly up to 1", ending by 2 am. Got up, checked out a few places, no snow at 4 am... back to bed. They were off in the areas where I was looking. But at least I get a more realistic timeframe attached to the forecast.

I'll watch over the course of the season to see how accurate M&T compared to the rest of the news sources (internet, WC, local weatherguessers, etc.).

·
Registered
211 Posts
The local media reports are worthless. Of course, we are in a ski area, so snow = news = tourism $$$. But yesterday the radio forecast was 3" - 6" but what they neglected to mention is that it would be for elevations above 10,000 feet. Reality for our plowing area is trace to 2" which is exactly what our weather service told us. We signed up with Skyview Weather this year (a local service out of the Denver area, highly recommended) and they have been right on so far.

In the past, we have relied on the old "get up at 2 AM and look out the window" method as well as the Summit County Rescue Group's telephone call-in avalanche and weather report. Their forecasts are pretty accurate, but they only give one day at a time, no extended information.

Newspaper, radio, TV, forget about it. Weather.com or Accuweather are better, but still not great for our area.

·
R.I.P.
79 Posts
Lawngodfather said:
So how well does your weatherguesser do?

Yup that's their name...Weatherguesser. I wish I could get paid what they do to guess.

Does his lips move? :mad:

Rick

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rick, I thought you would like that.

I have been using the radar (spelled backwards radar) on the internet for the last 2 winters.

Why am I not getting paid for it is beyond me.....

I have done much better than the weatherguesser..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts