Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this isnt on my Plow-truck but on my personal car. I have a 2001 chevy blazer 4.3 and the altenator whins at idle and through out the rpms i sent it to the dealer and they put a new altenator in it and it still does it. Im not sure on the Amp rating on it ill check that tonight when i have it in the garage. But im sure it puts out a good amount of amps. Just woundering if high out puts whin Much thanks

Rich:burnout

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
They should whine some,but not too much.Usually GM alternators do it when the rear bearing is ready to fail.

If it's a new alt,and it's still whining,have the battery and the rest of the electrical checked out.Something may be causing it to overcharge.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My old dodge would whine. I sold it with the whine to my dads cousin and he chagned one of the belts it was a little worn or the wrong one. I thought it was the alternator changed it because it was no good anyway, wasn't that so figured it was the pump for the fisher plow under the hood, but like I said it was one of the belts check those they might be throwing some noise.
Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts