Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure just how big the chain is but I know they are upstate NY and VT.

Their contractor quit after his first storm, just a measly 22" was enough to make him bail out. They contacted a local excavator Monday morning to get cleaned out from the latest storm and called me today about taking over the site for the rest of this year and future.

The guy who called sounds pretty straight about stuff. He faxed their specs and contract form which doesn't seem to carry any real nasty clauses.

Anybody have any experience working for these people? I'm just a little leery of jumping into something I may not want a part of.

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Sorry Alan,

They aren't down here in the flatlands, but I would suggest doing a computer search for their corporation web page. See how big they are, where their HQ is located. Find out if they are working with a property manager, if you here US maintenance anywhere in the conversation, run for the hills!!!!

Then I would call the BBB and see if they have any consumer complaints against them, chances are if they have alot , something is rotten in Denmark.

If this is a one location type job, go talk to the store manager, see if you can get an idea why the guy quit. You may find that the guy underpriced himself and just didnt want to bother anymore. Maybe he was a newbie that bought a truck last year and never really plowed before and was overwhelmed?

Who knows, maybe the store manager was a royal PITA to work for?

Good luck with what ever you decide to do. Oh and BTW Alan, us flatlanduhs have had just about our seasonal average snowfall in two storms, so its looking like a good year for us so far. I know you you didnt have much up there in them hills last year, but it sure looks like your getting it now.:D :D :D :D :cash

·
Registered
62 Posts
Alan,Kinneys headquarters is just down the road from me. I don't have any experence with them but do know some people that work in the corp. office and have always heard good things about them. A contractor that is a good freind plows the one in town here and never said anything about any problems. I also know a district manager who is a good guy who use to live in st.albans and was probley oversaw the milton store.If you need anything else let me know.
Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts