Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently drive a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 outdoorsman and recently got a pretty good deal on a boss plow, mount and wire harness. I bought the plow and gear from a guy who had the plow mounted on a 2016 Ram 1500. Does anyone know if the mount bracket and headlight harness are 100% compatible with my 2011? I know when buying parts for my truck I have a broad year range from 09-18 and had never ran into issues with any parts I’ve installed. I just assumed that this would be the same for the plow mount and harness. If anyone knows for sure about this topic feel free to respond. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I tried that in the truck search. But it says they do not recommend any boss plow applications on this vehicle due to restrictions from dodge. I thought maybe there were some plow installers out that came into this situation. I’m pretty sure Western Snowplow also state the same thing when you search this vehicle. It’s probably a liability issue I assume.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That being said. It gave me plow and gear
Options for my 2011 but nothing for the 2016 that it came off. I’m just wondering if he just installed it on there anyway. Pretty sure the frames are
Identical. Only thing I coupossibly think would be different is the headlight wiring harness 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
503 Posts
That being said. It gave me plow and gear
Options for my 2011 but nothing for the 2016 that it came off. I’m just wondering if he just installed it on there anyway. Pretty sure the frames are
Identical. Only thing I coupossibly think would be different is the headlight wiring harness 🤷🏼‍♂️
Everything is the same between the 2 trucks. 2012 and later, Dodge said 1500s weren't approved for plowing so BOSS said that the 1500 wasn't approved for plowing.

Another issue that would have affected him (not you) is that the later 1500s are not compatible with the boss relay harness without throwing lamp out errors on the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts