Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is good news for us Dodge/Cummins lovers,and all diesel lovers. Cummins is raising the bar in the light truck market with its new HP rating for the dodge trucks.at 325Hp it only matches the 6.0 PSD,but its torque is higher,and its avaliable a lot sooner.
All I can say is its about time they started letting these Cummins run good in stock form. I dont know how the competition is going to beat there 600 ft lbs at 1600RPM. but im sure they will keep trying to leap frog each other as they alwasy have.This truck should satisfy 99% of the owners in stock form,especially towing. What a towers dream all that torque down low,means no downshifting on rolling hills at interstate speeds,even with huge trailers .This.http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031203/dew013_1.html

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
That is sweet ! 600 ft\lbs of torque,stock,with full warranty.Even available with an automatic.

The zero throttle launch is pretty cool,but it's not like you or I would ever use it. :D

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is great isnt it.:D I guess its time for me to buy a new one to go with my 2000:D . Zero throttle starts,LOL NEVER. Full throttle black smoke starts,with tires fighting for traction until it gets boost ,then they are turned instantly into a pile of rubber ,are more like it;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Zero throttle what?:confused:

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Its about time they start tuning them instead of detuning them . Hmm maybe I will trade my Hemi next year :D

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Herbie said:
Zero throttle what?:confused:
It's called a zero throttle launch.

The computer senses the added load when you start to let the clutch out,and increases the available torque,and raises the idle to prevent the engine from stalling.Great for backing in trailers,or starting off on a steep incline.

·
Registered
167 Posts
its just more power to add on top of!:burnout

·
Registered
309 Posts
DAVE!!!!!!:grinz :burnout

It's good to see you!!!!:waving :smokin pimp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts