Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about putting a rubber snow deflector on my fisher 8# heavy duty. i do mostly driveways but some time i sub on a 1/2 mile private road. also do you recomend 8", 10" or 12" rubber.

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
here is a chart that shows which is best
I myself would recoment anything over 8" I have a nice 10" tall ready to go and it is on ebay if you are interisted

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
out of stock

i looked at ebay and looks like you sold your last one. i had looked at your web page several times this week but it said you were out of stock. i am a little reluctant to put one on if it effects stacking. i do more driveways where stacking the snow is more of an issue than spray over when straight plowing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I hae rubber deflectors on my 8'6" Fisher V. They work great on roads and don't affect stacking at all. I bought Fisher brand from WA Messer.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I used a sno-foil for a while on my fisher 8'. Didn't like it at all. The plow always rode up when it filled with snow, it really didn't keep much snow off the window, and it added almost a foot of length. Made it a lot harder to manuver in tight driveways. I ended up buying the deflector for the fisher and added a 6" rubber strip. The 6" strip isn't big enough, but it does the job.

·
Registered
609 Posts
somebody just did a buy it now, sorry, saturday my new spool of 9" will be in and about a week later for the 12"

if you were the one that e-mailed me about the poly ones my reply was that they can break if you stack real hard, the rubber just folds out of the way

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
I use one on my blazer and have actually had better results when stacking than without one. The piles I make and climb up into are higher than before, and I also have not gotten stuck since the deflector holds the snow in front of the blade more than my old blade that did not have one. So far I am getting 8-10' piles with no problems or worries about hanging the blade up in the pile. I am sure after I change my tires I will be abel to drve up into the piles further allowing me to stack higher- this will come in handy in some places that are limited space for snow!

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to BWinkel

thanks for the info. i called messer on monday and they were out of the fisher rubber deflectors and did not know if they were getting any more. with only poss. messages left, looks like i will have to find some belting and make one myself.

·
Registered
620 Posts
We use the Fisher Sno-Foil as we mostly plow parking lots and roadways. I've tried poly ( on a Meyer ) rubber, ( as in the above pictures) and for our use, think the metal Sno-Foil works the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Ah CPSS! I see you still have the Tri-plow setup. I bet the tree blades reallt scrape clean, lol.

:haha :haha :rolling

·
Registered
620 Posts
Yes John, the problem is that we wear out the front end components of the F-250 every year! I don't think Ford designed them for that much weight!!!!!:haha

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Can you put a rubber deflector on a V blade ? I know the purpose of the V balde is not to use it straight.

If the rubber is cut in the centre to allow the blade to fold wont the snow find the weak spot and spill out there?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Yes,you can run one on a V-blade.You can leave the center just cut,or make a flap the cover the gap in the middle.

Here is a shot of Johnny D's Ram with his Boss V,and the rubber deflector

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts