Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I would spread the good word about two new vendors I found. After getting the run-around from CPW for 10+ days about back ordered stakes I set out to find a new supplier. A quick google search directed me to Discountsnowstakes.com. I decided to call up and Anthony answered the phone at 5:30 on a friday night. Ordered 500 stakes on the spot and he said I will have them monday. They left via UPS that night from near boston and were here as promised on Monday. The price was great (far better than CPW) and shipping was fast and very reasonable ~$40. 500 stakes weighs in @ 110lbs. I got UPS email tracking too which was a nice touch. The only downside for me was DSS doesn't make any color except orange stakes.... I need lime green too.

I also found 3Tproducts out of PA Monday morning. They had my green stakes, price is still fair, but not as good as DSS. I Called @ 8:30am and someone answered the phone right away and took the order down. He said I will have them by tomorrow (Tuesday). I was kind of shocked, but guess what the UPS man just delivered, another 500 stakes. 3T was very prompt and fair in shipping too, unfortunately I didn't get an email tracker for them, but I suspect it was only because I called in my order.

Just thought I would share a positive experience about a few companies. Seems like most people like to only post the negatives (like me about CPW :p)

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
thats a really good price. I bought some last year from the depot (just needed like 10) I think they were a couple bucks a piece

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a really good price. I bought some last year from the depot (just needed like 10) I think they were a couple bucks a piece
yea, buying them in the store they're anywhere from $2-3 each. Definitely couldn't afford to buy them at that price.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i bought 500 from each supplier. 1.22 per pole on the orange with shipping it was about $1.30 ea

·
Tileman's Boys
1,094 Posts
I book marked them for future use. Looks just like the ones Lowes was selling only cheaper. And lowes only had the 4' markers.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about here...

www.angelos-supplies.com

1/4" x 48" orange fiberglass

.50 each
.45 each 100+
.39 each 1000+

look under winter products
not sure about their shipping costs

...sure hope I get some comission for this:drool
Yea, saw those in my travels too. Unfortunately I wanted the reflectors on them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
in the past, I have bought the ones from angelos and then bought a roll of reflective tape. Adds very little to the cost of the stakes for the amount you can do with a $5-10 roll of tape. They work well and are quite visible.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not to be an a$$ But can i ask why one needs orange and green? Why does color make a difference? To me stakes are stakes just wondering. Now don't take this to heart i'm just curious.

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Well there can be general stakes, marking edges, then specific ones. I used red tips for hydrants and siamese connections, blue tips for catch basins, and green ones for oil tank fills. Speed bumps were a double general stake about 12" apart.

It really depends on the sites that you are plowing.

~Chuck

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no offense taken. We use Orange to mark driveways that are lined with raised belgium block or concrete curbs. we use the lime green ones to mark the edges of just plain grass. This way if we ever rotate the drivers or have a machine go down and bring in a sub they automatically know whats underneath each driveway. over 60% of our homes have belgium block edges. With my method of staking we only had 3 busted blocks last year at one house out of all of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts