Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the annoyances of fancy rear camera systems is the crud that accumulates. My friends at MS Foster (as in Road Watch) have a lovely solution for this problem.

We start with some modifications to the stock washer tank, a hole is cut, washer installed, and pump inserted.

Tubing is run down the frame rail (along with other existing wiring)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the tail the washer jets attach to the camera housings using longer cap screws and a clever carbon fiber mount.

The camera pointing down watches the spinner, while the black camera looks toward the rear. (There is another camera inside the material hopper and one on the nose)

Attachments

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
Gee my mind went in a whole different direction.
Pretty slick tho mr. Beering

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Gee my mind went in a whole different direction.
Pretty slick tho mr. Beering
Ya, this could go into the gutter real quick.

Definately slick!

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Peter

Both projects look awesome however you have wayyyyyyyyyyyy to much time on your hands lol...

So the question begs to be asked should you decide to trade off the 08 for lets say a dependable Diesel..:wink:D How long would it take you to remove all of your toys?..

On the camera lens i have that 45 dollar Peak unit on the Dodge wrecker and just used it the other night hauling a car its dead on the back so it can watch the cars undercarriage when being hauled and i still havent needed to clean it. Back when i had a full crew my solution was a bit diff on the Service truck that plowed i just made the shoveler jump out and wipe the lens :D.

Serious though having worked with you and Jerre and Thomas on the Buzzbox project and testing iam sure you compiling all this stuff to present to a upfitter on building the perfect plow truck.. everything like always looks awesome...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do give us a report on how that functions, Sir!
It works very well. It has actually been on the truck for most of December.

So the question begs to be asked should you decide to trade off the 08 for lets say a dependable Diesel.. How long would it take you to remove all of your toys?..
Most of the goodies are mounted to the components they support, so not so long.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It works very well. It has actually been on the truck for most of December.

Most of the goodies are mounted to the components they support, so not so long.
What about all the water spots... Would it not be like using your windshield washer without a wiper?

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Peter,

Have you tried Rain-X on the cover glass of the camera? I normally treat my windows with it a couple of times a year. I also run Rain-X washer solvent. I don't even look at the blue stuff.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing fancy on the glass except for residual :ff from everything else that it slathered in it.

There really are no water spots, since the idea here is to flush the cams when they have the slush and wet on them, but there is enough force to clear some dried stuff too.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where do you get them camera's at? I backed into a snow bank a couple weeks back, now this has me thinking?
www.rvcams.com Tell them I sent you.

Their service is excellent - they even sent me a cable in the middle of a hurricane.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Peter,

Have you tried Rain-X on the cover glass of the camera? I normally treat my windows with it a couple of times a year. I also run Rain-X washer solvent. I don't even look at the blue stuff.
I love that Orange Rain-X stuff... No need to apply rain-x when using that stuff ! For the extra 1.50 who cares you dont use more than a couple gallons of the stuff a year anyhow !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts