Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neighbor's plow, an older Boss V. He see,s to think I'm a miracle worker because I have pulled his ass out of the fire a few times.

At first, no ability to raise, no lights on controller.
Wiggled wires and connectors, suddenly controller buttons lit up. green lights ON, and I raised the plow. Truck stalled, and on restart, again, plow won't raise...no pump noise, no lights on controller.

I separated the controller 9-pin in the cab, and got 12 volts between the brown and the black wire. This tells me there's power to the controller. I brought the controller in the house, opened the controller to see if there was crud or something in there..looked good. I checked the operation of the little switch on top of the controller, little switch has proper continuity on the board.

So why did I get lights on the controller once, and not again? I do have power to the controller but nada now.

Next step? I read somewhere here that by jumping pins1,3,8 I can get the plow to raise and thereby show that the controller is bad. I plan to try that tomorrow......

Any help is appreciated. Don't you just love intermittent problems? ...."funny, it seems ok now...."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Controller ok. Brought it to a Boss dealer and they ran their truck with it.
Pump motor runs when the solenoid is jumped, no power to white/black wire that operates solenoid.

Controller gets power via black wire at the 9 pin but no lights on the controller.

I did jump pins 1,3,8 and got nothing...no pump noise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, why do I get power at the 9 pin ...#1 Black positive/#9 Brown negative ONLY when I switch the dash switch to "truck " side. I thought that dash switch was for the plow/truck lights.

Nothing makes the controller lights work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and what is the switch on the side of the plow frame...I have the cover off and see a big terminal block inside the switch. The switch does not maintain..just is momentary in two directions. The wires go to the relay block area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts