Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with my fisher v-plow working intermittent, or delayed. When using the controller the power button will flash and I won’t be able to use the controls till it stops flashing. Now just recently the controller will shut its self off with out even touching a button. I have also noticed that the controller will get warm. ? Is it time for a new controller, or is this a start to another issue.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Could be the controller but my bet is you have multiple issues. I would check the big power/ground cable. Try and spread out the pins inside it to fit tighter and make a better connection. Also check the red wire going to the fuse panel in the truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an issue with my fisher v-plow working intermittent, or delayed. When using the controller the power button will flash and I won’t be able to use the controls till it stops flashing. Now just recently the controller will shut its self off with out even touching a button. I have also noticed that the controller will get warm. ? Is it time for a new controller, or is this a start to another issue.
I had that same problem. Bought new controllers etc. Finally bought new main cable from battery to grill that the plow side cable and connector for controller wire plug plugs into near the grill. Haven't had any problems since then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had that same problem. Bought new controllers etc. Finally bought new main cable from battery to grill that the plow side cable and connector for controller wire plug plugs into near the grill. Haven't had any problems since then.
This has all New wiring installed last year by "plow professionals. I will check all the connections though thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you try cycling the controller, move the switch from on to off and back on? It May get you going until you find the real issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you try cycling the controller, move the switch from on to off and back on? It May get you going until you find the real issue.
Yup, that's how I have been running it. The controller gets hot, which is a concern.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts