Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of getting a Daniels plow for one of my loaders. I have 2 pro tech sno boxes now but thinking of triing a plow. Does anyone have one and how do you like it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are you thinking about a power angle plow, or a Daniels pusher box blade?

Blades on loaders work well, but just like a truck blade the ability to carry snow is limited. However plowing with a loader and a blade is much different then a truck, more power, better viablity, and can stack much higher.

Geoff

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I saw a Daniels plows and pushers at the N.E. snow and ice show . They looked impressive

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Mark Oomkes runs at least one Daniels plow on a loader. I'm sure he'll chime in here when he checks in. I remember he has made goods comments about them in the past, if my memory is correct.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We have been plowing with Henke 16' power angle plows for the last three years.

Have two Daniels power angles on order. From everyone that I have talked to, it is all positive.

I think the Daniels with the pusher kits is the way to our future.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I saw the Daniels plow at the snow & ice show. Very good. plus if you get a blade they have one with wings like the blizzard plow so its like a scope too. They gave me there demo type. its very impresive. plus u can get a 30' blade :cash

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
here is the price list they gave me

12'wing-lite $6,550
14'wing-lite $6,725
14'wing $7,600
16'wing-lite $7,425
16'wing $8,050
18'wing-lite $7,825
18'wing $8,900
20'wing-lite $7.925
20'wing $9,200
24'wing $10,175

*price includes a blank backing plate

·
Registered
79 Posts
We have 2 Protech rubber edged pushers. We got Daniel's box push plow this year because of the steel trip edge. We get alot of ice in Kansas, so the steel edge will penetrate better. No complaints with the Protechs though.. great pushers. Jon

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replys.I'll let you know what I decide to do.

jack

·
Registered
977 Posts
Snowtime,

I have the same machine as you JD 344H (check my avatar) thats a 10' Henke plow on it. Like GeoffD said. The visibility and power for plowing is unbelivable. I also have a 4 yard snow bucket and a 12' Protech that I can switch between the loader and the backhoe. I have a very remote parking lot that there is no place to push and stack snow. I have to carry the snow pretty far so I use the plow to remove the snow from the rears of cars and into a windrow in the middle of the lane during the storm. After the storm is over I then pop on the Pro-Tech and push the windrows to the ends of the rows and then pop the 4 yard bucket on and lift the snow up over the :fuming 2' high wooden fence. It works great but as you can see I use other tools with the machine also.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Thanks BRL, I finally looked down far enough.:)

Yes, we have a 14' Wing plow on a JCB 212SU and I love it. We have not a single minute of down time from the loader itself. The plow has broken I think a total of 3 times in 5 years, and then we had it temporarily fixed within about an hour.

A couple years ago we put a urethane edge on it which also has made a big difference.

The carrying is somewhat limited, but when you have a 14' blade and the power to push it, it is a big difference over trying to carry snow with a truck. Each type plow or box blade has its place. We actually use ours mostly for setting up for a loader with a pusher box. It also has a 12' folding back plow that is used for pulling out loading docks, etc. We thought about using a pusher on this loader but finally decided against and I believe it was the right decision. It definitely replaces 2 trucks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
We run the Daniels Snow Pusher and love it with the steel cutting
edge. We are going to order a Daniels Wing Plow for next year, Daniels makes some good products and we are happy with them. Just my two cents

www.schmidtlawncare.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts