Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Just finishing up my install on my Snow Pro 3000.

I have the plow mount installed and am just about to tackle the wiring.

The schematic for the wiring mentions a fused 10 amp black power wire - can anyone offer any advice as to which truck wire I can tap into for power? My truck is an '00 F250 PSD

Also, I read the schematic as telling me to mount the solenoid near the battery and run the wires from plow harness to solenoid to battery. Is this correct?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I've never done a curtis, but the type of wiring that a plow needs is fairly standard.

There are basically three parts to the wiring. 1) Lighting 2) controls 3) plow power

You'll grab parking lights and turn signals at the front corners and headlights at the headlights- that should take care of the lighting. Again, not sure of curtis, but most mfr's have adapter plugs for the headlights. My recommendation would be to remove the headlights and parking lights to get to the wires... unless you like your hands looking like hamburger.

for the controls, you'll probably just need to hook up the power under the dash, then something to the plow solenoid. Be careful where you route the wire harness- away from pedals and column or anything sharp. Zip ties are your friend.

As for the power wiring, you'll have two large cables that supply the power to the plow motor. One of those is (+), one is (-). The (+) goes to one of the large terminals on the solenoid, the (-) one goes to the (-) terminal on the battery. You then need a (large) cable from the other large terminal on the solenoid to the (+) terminal on the battery. The finer specifics of how the solenoid is wired and tied in to the control harness should be left up to the schematic.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plow is installed and works 100%.

Couldn't get a hold of my buddy until today (he works at a heated shop and has keys to get in), but we went over this afternoon and finished up the wiring.

Thanks for the help, Derek!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.... For the record, I bought this plow from Jay (Nascar24) and although it is a used plow you would never know it from the work that Jay put into it. It was sandblasted, painted, and came with all of the mounts and wiring that I needed to install it. If I was to see this plow on someone else's truck tomorrow I would swear that it was a brand new unit.

I kinda wish that this site had a Trader Rating. If it did, Jay would get a big plus on this one!

Thanks Jay!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts