Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input on the curtis v plow versus the other v plows out there, a friend owns the local curtis dealer and will give me a great deal on one just wondering how it back blades and speed etc of it compared to the boss, fisher, and western v-plows. I dont believe it has locking cylinders like the boss and we have a lot of back bladingon someofour accounts. Has anyone ever put wings of some type on one? thanks Aaron

·
Registered
11 Posts
V-plow

I had a V plow put on my 94 f-350 when they first came out. It was a protype, had some issues with the center tower. Curtis was great at dealing with it. Nice plow,easy to hook up & operate. Plowed 30-40 cust. never a let down. Back bladed ok, plenty fast enough. That was 3-4 yr ago, I am sure they have improved. Good luck & happy plowing

·
Registered
70 Posts
No curtis plows myself, but I am a PROUD western owner. I have the "old" Ultra MVP as well as the new MVP+ and love them both. The new ones are awesome. They scrap like nothing Ive seen and are super fast. And the tripedge is a must if you ask me. I like the fact that you can replace the moldboard will keeping the frame intact, too. Thats my 2 cents, hope I helped.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
They scrap like nothing Ive seen

That's my thought on the MVP's and the Fishers too:D

All of the V's have a purpose. You excede that and the scrap heap is there destiny.

Curtis wouldn't be my first choice of v plow. Like the Boss they use a spring return system instead of double acting cyls.

Go with the West or the Fisher for best overall performance IMO.

Jerre

·
Registered
775 Posts
Jerre Heyer said:
They scrap like nothing Ive seen

That's my thought on the MVP's and the Fishers too:D

All of the V's have a purpose. You excede that and the scrap heap is there destiny.

Curtis wouldn't be my first choice of v plow. Like the Boss they use a spring return system instead of double acting cyls.

Go with the West or the Fisher for best overall performance IMO.

Jerre

Hey michgensuperduty I see you are new (only 2 posts) listen to what jerre says if anyone knows about the goods and bads about plows it is him. Trust me he has never steered anyone wrong on here. :waving :waving

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I ended up buying aCurtis vee about 4 weeks ago from a guy who bought it two weeks before and then needed to sell it because he needed to pay some unexpected medical bills, so I ended up with a great deal on it. But heres the trouble, compared to my Curtis straight blade it runs at about half or less the speed and goes way to slow, I have been using my straight blade again because the vee runs so slow it costs me a lot of time. The fluid is full, does anyone have any ideas why it is so slow, or what to do to speed it up, thanks Aaron:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have last years model V Plow from Curtis. It has the double acting pistons... got rid of the return springs. I only wish it was a trip edge.
It was slow too, the guys at the shop changed out the pump and valve block and not it is really quick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought the new trip edge poly curtis v yesterday seems much faster than my old one, cant wait to try iy out. plus it has the new headlights on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts