Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older SN0 3000 that failed yesterday. I intend to get it fixed, but a quicker solution is to pick up another plow. All the Curtis 3000s I am finding have 14 male pins, while my plow only has 12. The truck side will accommodate the 14, but I have no idea if the plow will function. Since the plow candidates are 90 mins or more away, I am trying to determine the function of the other 2 pins in advance. Does anyone know?
I am attaching a photo of the 14 pin connector, my current plow lacks the 3 bottom pins.
I did call Curtis and they do not know as they now longer sell the plow. I am waiting for a wiring manual, that might help...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are wiring diagrams and harness end pinouts in this.
Thank you kindly. If you want to do a sanity check for me, look at page 6. Now I know I have the "double plug". My plug has no pins in 15, 10 or 5, yet plows I am looking at have pins in 15 & 10.

My review indicates these are not functional, so there will not be an issue, correct?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Some of those were considered a universal harness, say if you had a V plow, just wire it up and make sure it all works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some of those were considered a universal harness, say if you had a V plow, just wire it up and make sure it all works.
All the plows I could find were over an hour away, so confirming the pin function or non-function was important to me. You providing that document was very helpful. I have since bought a plow, and the function is as desired.

I also provided the document you gave me back to the person at Curtis I spoke with, so he (Tom) could provide it to others upon request. Tom said he had been providing documentation for years but did not have the manual you provided!

For anyone finding this thread, whether pins #5, #10 or #15 are in place should not matter to the function of the plow :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Good to here, they should have all the manuels, they produced them. I was an installed and I have been to there Worster facility. Long time ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts