Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what year ? 2004 ? Looking for PDF files for info on it and owners Manuel . Serial 517 254

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curtis isn't in business anymore. I did figure out it's 790 lb Beast for a 7 footer.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Curtis isn't in business anymore. I did figure out it's 790 lb Beast for a 7 footer.

I didnt know they went out of business... maybe then you could try a former Curtis dealer— perhaps they could help.

The only model I know from them was the Snow Pro 3000...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2002 suburban or a 1999 Tahoe . I have either one .
But it's a heavy beast. It was called a Mach 1 limited edition that's about all I know and its about 790 lbs without the mount .

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they might at least know how to get you the right information,
I have a Mach 1 it's a triple edge mount that goes on truck pump lights etc. But it just has a regular 7.5 feet push blade. It's a heavy one 790 lbs a 2002 suburban only rated for like 560 lbs on the front . And a 1999 Tahoe rating is 758 lbs so it might end up on the 1999 Tahoe.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I have a Mach 1 it's a triple edge mount that goes on truck pump lights etc. But it just has a regular 7.5 feet push blade. It's a heavy one 790 lbs a 2002 suburban only rated for like 560 lbs on the front . And a 1999 Tahoe rating is 758 lbs so it might end up on the 1999 Tahoe.

It will probably sag a significantly on the way Tahoe in the front. I would think about upgrading the shocks and springs on the truck to one’s that support more weight. You will also want ballast on the Tahoe to balance out the weight distribution of the plow and keep the front axle loading kinda in spec. There is no getting around the fact you are overloaded no matter what. It will create wear issues on the front end of the truck.

But I would use the Tahoe too.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
springs?
crank up the torsion bars or try a set of timbrens.

shocks don't support weight.
The Tahoe is IFS up front. right? When you upgrade the springs you should change the shocks to properly dampen the vibrations. That was my comment on the shocks. Do they make different torsion bars for the Tahoe? I thought he would be stuck with the factory ones. But if he can by all means get heavier duty ones.

Timbrens aren’t going to fix the underlying overloading issue... they will just make it look level.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The Tahoe is IFS up front. right? When you upgrade the springs you should change the shocks to properly dampen the vibrations. That was my comment on the shocks. Do they make different torsion bars for the Tahoe? I thought he would be stuck with the factory ones. But if he can by all means get heavier duty ones.

Timbrens aren’t going to fix the underlying overloading issue... they will just make it look level.
It doesn't utilize springs.
It uses torsion bars. they can have their preload increased easily with out replacing them.

YOU said, " I would think about upgrading the shocks and springs on the truck to one’s that support more weight"

"Shocks and springs to ones that support weight", shocks don't support weight, they control
un-sprung weight that...

Why go to all that work to replace the torsion bars when you can easily install timbrens and turn up the bars?

Even if it was over weight replacing the springs or torsion bars or installing timbrens or shocks are not going to change that one bit...

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

So, is your Curtis mounted yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope everything came to a stopped it's just to heavy for a Tahoe need a lighter plow . It's even make a 1 ton sage...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
965 lb mounted that's nuts .. real world and salesman world seems to be different places ..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts