Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has anyone else noticed that the lights on the Curtis plows seem to be moving around way too much? It seems like I can never get them straight, and if I do the are out of alignment the next day. They seem like they are not mounted very strongly. Any feedback on how to fix this or if you have noticed it to would help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree that they do suck. I will be replacing this summer do to damage of the passanger side. Althought to be fair (since this is my first plow) I am told that most plow lights do suck.:headwall

·
Registered
355 Posts
My lights are OK,but they are sort of dull, They are alright in my book.

Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Curtis Plow Lights

Plow Lights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just retrofitted a set of Intensifires onto my 9' Curtis SnoPro 3000. Had to weld longer bracket for mounting. I like the dual studs on the lights. Very solid as opposed to OEM. They stay where you set them even after a blade trip. The light they throw is incredible. Curtis set-up utilizes 5 wires per light and Intensifires uses six. Wired parking & headlamp commons together to get them to match. The cost was $229.00 for the set.

2001 F350 Superduty 7.3 4 X 4 DRW w/2-3 yd Rugby Dump
Curtis 9' SnoPro 3000 with joystick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by l.plassejr : 12-31-2007 at 08:46 PM. Reason: left out equipment

·
Registered
266 Posts
one of my neighbors has a curtis plow and it seems like after every storm he has to adjust them and it seems like everyyear to he has to replace them because from them moving around breaks the plastic or from them vibrating they fall off

·
Registered
4 Posts
Curtis Plow Lights

Prior to installing the Intensifires, my OEM lights would flop all over the place following a blade trip. I would then re-adjust them and the same thing would happen all over again. When I was finally able to get them tight enough so the would not move, the rivets in the polycarbonate base were ripping out and the lights were beginning to flop again. That and dim lighting were the motivating factors in installing the new lights. So glad I did! Now the lights do not move and they are as bright as i have seen anywhere.

2001 F350 Superduty 7.3 4 X4 DRW Rugby 2-3 yd dump body
9' Curtis Sno-Pro 3000 w/joystick

·
Registered
38 Posts
one of my neighbors has a curtis plow and it seems like after every storm he has to adjust them and it seems like everyyear to he has to replace them because from them moving around breaks the plastic or from them vibrating they fall off
My lights just rusted in place, so they don't move at all! The trouble was they didn't work either. I finally had to run a separate ground from the base of the lights to my fog light mounting bracket on the bumper. They work great now. Oh, and I put in a bayonnet terminal, so I could quickly disconnect the ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Plow Lights

I just retrofitted a set of Intensifires onto my 9' Curtis SnoPro 3000. Had to weld longer bracket for mounting. I like the dual studs on the lights. Very solid as opposed to OEM. They stay where you set them even after a blade trip. The light they throw is incredible. Curtis set-up utilizes 5 wires per light and Intensifires uses six. Wired parking & headlamp commons together to get them to match. The cost was $229.00 for the set.
Can you post some pics of the mounts you fabbed? and possibly show a pic of the wiring? I've been thinking of doing the same, and I'm looking for ideas, thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
x2
I'd be very greatful for instructions how a set of Intensifiers or NSIIs could be retrofitted to replace these garbage Curtis lights. The wiring is the only obvious problem I see and that I can't seem to get a detailed answer to ... with pics of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts