Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes: Dumb Question....

I need to check the plow oil in my Curtis Home Pro and it says "Remove cover to check oil" The manual does not show how to get the cover off and what I found does not seem right. Can someone help me who's done this?

In the picture you can see the little white spots (arrow pointing). At first these looked like some type of rivet but I can see a little tiny slot for a screw driver in the center. Now, I don't want to take apart the wrong thing and this seems pretty "Cheesy". I would need a set of eye glass screw drivers to get those tiny screws out.

I'll move this to the Curtis forum later, I just thought it would get more exposure here :D

-Henri

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Henri
Not familiar with the model your showing, But I have one of the Sno-Pro 3000's. Near the back of the cover the oil fill sticks right through the top, so you can check / add oil etc. without removing the cover. I don't see the filler neck in your photo, so I'm guessing that it's different on yours.

The cover on mine does have three screws (off the top of my head) in the vicinity of the arrows you drew to remove the cover. They are not super small but they are basically sheet metal screws.

I can get a pic on mine if you need it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob, unless I hear otherwise I'll just back those screws out tomorrow and see what happens.

-Henri

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:headwall :headwall :headwall

Now I'm getting frustrated. Found a small enough screw driver but those screws just turn and turn. Guess I'll need to call the dealer on Monday.

-Henri

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I figured it out. Those little screws were not screws at all, they were the center pins for plastic rivets (see attached pic). Pretty strange thing to use but at least I got the oil checked. Good thing, it was down a bit.

-Henri

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts