Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tileman's Boys
1,094 Posts
Here's a thought put about 10 tons of ballast in it. It would probably get better traction if the chains were not junk from spinning them to death.

·
Registered
749 Posts
There's three or four things they could do to improve the situation. Four sets of triples on the tires as it doesn't appear that the truck has 4-way locks, the ballast BJ mentioned, one single chain on one steering tire for control, and tell the loader operator to get lost. :wink That truck should go through that without issue, even without cross locks in the diffs.

As far as other trucks not taking this abuse, let twice the driver take half the truck on the same run - I would bet my paycheque that skill will beat what we saw in the vid.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's three or four things they could do to improve the situation. Four sets of triples on the tires as it doesn't appear that the truck has 4-way locks, the ballast BJ mentioned, one single chain on one steering tire for control, and tell the loader operator to get lost. :wink That truck should go through that without issue, even without cross locks in the diffs.

As far as other trucks not taking this abuse, let twice the driver take half the truck on the same run - I would bet my paycheque that skill will beat what we saw in the vid.
Tire chains on all 8 tires would be much better, but still wheelers are not the best in snow, Mack rears do not have 4 way lockers they only have a power divider which is much different...It also looks like it has floats for steer tires which are as useless as **** on a nun in the snow, all they do is float on top of the snow, not dig in so you can turn...I was refering to that if someone would try that sh!t with any other truck you would snap the axles like twigs & loose driveshafts like there going out of style from the shock to the drive train

·
Registered
940 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts