Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to look to find out about possible re-calls on a vehicle and if they have ever been done to a vehicle?

Also, does anyone know how to decifer the option codes for a 1995 Chevy 2500? The glovebox has a sticker with a bunch of codes on it. I'm trying to find out what my axle ratio is based on the sticker.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
GT4 3.73
GT5 4.10
GU6 3.42

If you do a google search on RPO codes you can find a list that will tell you everything your truck was equipted with from the factory.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
You can also use the decoder located at www.GM-Trucks.com

I'm not sure if I can post that link, since there is a Chevy Truck forum located there, at any rate, it's a great decoder, I don't care for the forum though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John - The link you provided only went back to 1998 (Cool H3 pictures/article though!) I did a google search and found a code list for most of my truck's equipment. There are a few I can't find however:
FLT
R6D
R8G
R9L
TFD
TGK
XHP
YHP
1SZ
6GG
7GG

Any ideas?
BTW, my truck's axle is GT4: Axle Rear, 3.73 Ratio (DUP with 5 X 1)
Any clue what DUP with 5 X 1 means?

·
Registered
69 Posts
If I may ask, the stickers found on my glove box are hardly readable. Is there some where with a VIN I can look up a 84 K 10?

While in 90' I had to buy and rebuild the rear axle gears I have forgotten just what the ratio was.. Very tall..

I believe 2.73 : 1 but I might be wrong... Mac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts