Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I am new here:D I have been floating around from site to site..:cool: I was thinking about plowing next season and was wondering how much commercial and GL insurance would run?? I have seen posts of people being quoted $1500-$20,000.. :eek: :eek: Just wondering if it would be worth investing my money in a plow??:cash Thanks for any help in advance... :)

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
easyrider241, you will need to check with an insurance agent in your area. Any figure you get from an internet site will be irrelevant. Too many factors influence the price. Some of which are:

For General Liability:

The area you live in and how likelihood of people bringing lawsuits.

Your age (which you decided not to provide so I can't help there)

Your experience in the industry

The type and number of accounts you are servicing

Whether you have employees or subs

Your history of claims

Some factors which will affect Commercial Vehicle Insurance:

The type of equipment and age

Limits of liability (you can have some effect here as you tell them the replacement cost)

Your age

Your history of claims

An agent should be able to provide you with each figure. Then, you can decide whether to plow snow. I know the first year I plowed I didn't even make enough to recoup the insurance costs, let alone the cost of the plow itself. A lot will depend on how your accounts are set up and the amount of snowfall. This year so far a lot of guys are sinking fast. Others are doing well with seasonal contracts. I tell people that you need to be in it for the long haul - you're not going to make fast money plowing snow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ****.. I am 30 by the way.. I was hopping I would be able to recover the the price of the plow in my first season but by the looks of things I would be plowing for just to pay my insurance company :headwall At least I wouldnt have shovel my own drive:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts