Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snow removal of all roads and parking lots.
All egress doors and sidewalks from building only.
November 1 st 2021 through March 31 st , 2022. It is our request to have unlimited pushes for each month
and have a set payment fee for the 5 months, each month. Plowing is to be set with a 2-inch trigger for
continuous snow fall, or a 1-inch trigger for when the snow has stopped. Snow removal can start at 5 am
with the main driveway, building front and back entrances are to be completed before 7:30 am.

This is a large retirement community with several smaller townhomes.

We have done mostly residential and individual businesses--not multi building businesses that want a per season price.
Any suggestions on resources for bidding this correctly

·
Super Moderator
908 Posts
$1 million
Just because I can’t plow as it snows , I can’t start to plow at midnight I have to wait till 7 AM, this requires me to have the necessary machinery to clean the lot in the time given.

Seriously though, without a aerial picture from Google earth, knowing what state this is located in, maybe even what city, so we can get an idea on your average snowfall , the size of the property but having said that my rates could very greatly from the rates you charge.
How long do you think it is going to take you and what is your hourly cost for running a truck?
What are you are all relates free loader with a push box
What are your rates to apply salt per acre?
what equipment are you going to be using? and how many employees?

ps
what about salt.
And lastly have you talked to your insurance agent and told them you thinking about plowing an old folks home.
Because I had to adjust my rates accordingly when I took on a dental clinic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Michigan.
We have two trucks. With four to six employees.
Because we always charge per driveway per service---I am unsure how to bid this.
Standard rates are 40 a driveway for snow removal on a 2inch trigger includes side walk.
If someone wants salt we usually add a 15-20 charge.
Sometimes it snows a few times a month and sometimes it snows daily.
The unlimited is hard to estimate....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d take out the time constraints, is that Saginaw way far in the background?
No it’s not saginaw

the retirement community has the time requirements

they just want us to bid it based on what they are requesting.
We’ve never done an unlimited contract. So I have no idea how to bid that

·
Registered
367 Posts
$1 million
Just because I can’t plow as it snows , I can’t start to plow at midnight I have to wait till 7 AM, this requires me to have the necessary machinery to clean the lot in the time given.

Seriously though, without a aerial picture from Google earth, knowing what state this is located in, maybe even what city, so we can get an idea on your average snowfall , the size of the property but having said that my rates could very greatly from the rates you charge.
How long do you think it is going to take you and what is your hourly cost for running a truck?
What are you are all relates free loader with a push box
What are your rates to apply salt per acre?
what equipment are you going to be using? and how many employees?

ps
what about salt.
And lastly have you talked to your insurance agent and told them you thinking about plowing an old folks home.
Because I had to adjust my rates accordingly when I took on a dental clinic.

·
Registered
2019 Chev 2500HD; 2020 Kubota SSV 75; 2020 Kubota BX2680; 2015 Kubota RTV1100
4 Posts
Here is how I price one of my commercial accounts:

XXXXX Property shall pre-purchase a minimum of 70 hours of snow removal services per month at a rate of $100 per hour for the months December 1, 2021, through March 31, 2022. On the months identified above, Contractor shall perform snow removal services for XXXXX Property as necessary beyond 70 hours a month at a rate of $115 per hour only if approved by the XXXXX Property maintenance director on a per-snowfall basis, except that in April, work beyond 35 hours shall be so approved and performed for a price of $115 per hour.

I also go to Google Earth and get their photo and you can trace the perimeter of the area they you are bidding and it will tell you the square footage. This will help you determine how long an average snow event will take you.

FYI . . . on a p[property like that. I would consider a KAGE blade and buy, rent, lease a large framed skid steer. You will make serious money with all those littel driveways and being able to put the pusher onto a plow like you can with the KAGE system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is a more accurate picture from the actual contract:

B.1.1 NOW, THEREFORE, it is mutually agreed that, in consideration of the payments to be made to said Contractor, subject to the conditions hereinafter set forth, XXXXXX shall purchase snow removal services for its property at XXXXXXX (the “Resort”) from said Contractor for the period December 1, 2021, to April 15, 2022.

B.1.2 PROPOSAL ACCEPTED AS MODIFIED. XXXXXXXX shall pay Contractor and Contractor shall perform said services all in accordance with the specifications of the attached Proposal , attached hereto and incorporated herein as Exhibit 1 (the “Proposal”) except as modified below.

B.1.3 PAYMENT AND MINIMUM SERVICES PURCHASED.

B.1.3.1 XXXXXXXy shall pre-purchase a minimum of 70 hours of snow removal services per month at a rate of $100 per hour for the months December 1, 2021, through March 31, 2022

B.1.3.2 XXXXXXXXX shall pre-purchase a minimum of 35 hours of snow removal services for the period April 1 through April 15, 2022

B.1.3.3 Pre-payment shall be due to the Contractor on or before the 1st of each month.

B.1.3.4 On the months identified above, Contractor shall perform snow removal services for XXXXXXX as necessary beyond 70 hours a month at a rate of $115 per hour only if approved by the Resort maintenance director on a per-snowfall basis, except that in April, work beyond 35 hours shall be so approved and performed for a price of $115 per hour.

This works well becasue it gives them a good budgeting template and leaves some room for the "what if we have a super big snow year" scenerio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is a more accurate picture from the actual contract:

B.1.1 NOW, THEREFORE, it is mutually agreed that, in consideration of the payments to be made to said Contractor, subject to the conditions hereinafter set forth, XXXXXX shall purchase snow removal services for its property at XXXXXXX (the “Resort”) from said Contractor for the period December 1, 2021, to April 15, 2022.

B.1.2 PROPOSAL ACCEPTED AS MODIFIED. XXXXXXXX shall pay Contractor and Contractor shall perform said services all in accordance with the specifications of the attached Proposal , attached hereto and incorporated herein as Exhibit 1 (the “Proposal”) except as modified below.

B.1.3 PAYMENT AND MINIMUM SERVICES PURCHASED.

B.1.3.1 XXXXXXXy shall pre-purchase a minimum of 70 hours of snow removal services per month at a rate of $100 per hour for the months December 1, 2021, through March 31, 2022

B.1.3.2 XXXXXXXXX shall pre-purchase a minimum of 35 hours of snow removal services for the period April 1 through April 15, 2022

B.1.3.3 Pre-payment shall be due to the Contractor on or before the 1st of each month.

B.1.3.4 On the months identified above, Contractor shall perform snow removal services for XXXXXXX as necessary beyond 70 hours a month at a rate of $115 per hour only if approved by the Resort maintenance director on a per-snowfall basis, except that in April, work beyond 35 hours shall be so approved and performed for a price of $115 per hour.

This works well becasue it gives them a good budgeting template and leaves some room for the "what if we have a super big snow year" scenario.

Here is one part of the proposal to show how Google can help layout the amount of square footage that needs plowing.
Water Water resources Ecoregion Natural landscape Map

1 - 9 of 9 Posts