Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was our first plowable event. Our lower accounts had 1.5 inches, and the upper elevation residential accounts had between 3 and 6 inches. All went well, no breakdowns. I had time to spend most of the day training one of our new operators, and he did very well. More snow expected tomorrow and Friday.

We signed up with a local weather service, Skyview Weather. We have been receiving daily forcasts since the last week of October, and they have been right on the money.

Here's to more snow, and happy plowing everyone! :burnout

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congrats Plow Babe, hopefully we will be out plowing in the next few days.

·
R.I.P.
79 Posts
Glad to hear winter has arrive for you, still sweating it out in Kansas.

Good luck, Hope you have a very profitable winter.

Rick

·
Registered
866 Posts
Congrats on the first of the season!! How about some pics? I know you don't have much, but how about some of the next snowfall? Hopefully I'll be posting some soon- calling for "non-typical" lake effect snow tommorrow!!! Non-typical since its being fueled by a southerly wind hitting a northern cold front- same situation gave us some pretty bad wind storms earlier this year!! This will be interesting!!!!

I can't wait!!!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Looks like today will be our first event. We have 5-10" predicted on TV. My private weather says 4-6". It is 9:30 am and we just now have enough to cover the ground. Many of our businesses close at noon on Saturday. I signed the last contract yesterday. We now have all 5 trucks an 1 skidsteer full. Late start but finally lookin good !:cash :D

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Well, I spoke to soon about lookin good.
2 of 3 shovelers are down sick with flu, one truck is down with fuel injection problems, and one driver is out sick with the crud of the month. 4 of us got the job done but it was a lot longer day than I planned. I actually had to do a bunch of shoveling. I used the Dakota snowblade I bought over the internet for shoveling. Hard work but saves a bunch of time. But, OUR SEASON IS UNDERWAY ! Yahoo !:cash :cash

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
szorno feel free to send some of that snow over this way to make life easier on ya :D we still dont have any over here yet...:headwall

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scott,
Sorry to hear you got hit with the flu crud. It is a real epidemic going around here. We are dosing hard with the Vitamin C, echinacia, zinc, and washing our hands a lot. This is a NASTY bug, some of our friends have been really sick. The Fairplay school was closed last week because so many kids were sick.

How much snow did you get? We only had 1 1/2 to 2 inches. We were amused to read in the newspaper that the mountains got a foot of snow . . . I guess at the top of A-Basin maybe!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts