Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started up my V box this evening just to get it running and let to work alittle being it was going to get Sub Zero tonight.

The clutch is stuck engaged. Everything is moving when I crank it up and than once it gets started evertything is running.

I tried activating and deactivating the clutch with the switch but nothing changed.

Turned on and off a few times still nothing, but did start right up.

Let it run awhile thinking maybe the clutch is frozen but not sure if just letting it run when cause enough heat at the clutch to do anything.

It is about 8:30PM here and not looking to make too much noise with no real cause for it and it is darn cold out there. I will pull it in the garage tommorow morning to look at it some more.

Of course the first thing that comes to mind is open a thread this must have happen to someone else and it could save me alot of time if I can get some feedback and go right to the problem.

So any feedabck at all WILL help.

Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
heat gun. hair dryer, salamander, candle, anything that will warm up the metal. I had a John Deere with an electric clutch and when it got cold the metal shrunk enough to touch the disc and make the blower run, simple solution is to find some way to put a load on it so it can slip and heat up, second is to heat it manually

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I was thinking. The heat gun will be the first try in the AM.

BTW just got my 170APM alt from Red City Reman, cost me $400.00 but saved me $225.00 so I guess I owe you lunch if you ever get to chi-town. I can't wait to get it on the truck but I think I am going to get it benched tested just to be sure before I install it. THANKS FOR THE LEAD.

·
Registered
609 Posts
not a problem on the lead, they have hooked me up with many good deals, Might have to take you up on the lunch, we average 1-2 trips to chicago a month.

did the heat help it any?

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry had some snow yesterday was out doing the plow and salt thing than follow up.

Actually it just started working on it own. Than the throtle control started sticking and than also stopped on it own. I am sure it is just the cold temps. Just another reason to look HARDER at an all electric option.

Leaning toward a dump insert and spreader tailgate. Year round use make the investment go further. Just want to find the right unit. Also have been pricing a Hyd V box but money invested only good for the snow season. Lets hope I mkae the right choice, either choice looking at about 7000.00 when all said and done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts