Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used this product? My salt ditributor told me he is selling salt treated with this product. Was wondering how well it works.

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Clearlane

We used about 75-110 ton of it last year. Clearlane is the Cargill version of other trated salts. Its mag chloride and mollasses(sp). We have really good results with it, used less product and got better coverage. I would definately say its worth the extra money.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
J&J,thank you for the feedback.I too am considering this product.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey John i hate to brake it to you but your not considering this product, i fact i alraddy placed the order for you;)
How much do you want to start with 50 tons or 75 tins:confused:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
LOL,no you have ordered it:D I knew that post would get you fired up!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
OH YES I DID

don't get upset when they dump the first 25 tons on your first tee:shades

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cargill in Toronto

Does anyone order Cargill in Toronto? We have a property in Pickering that we might be able to store salt on, and are looking into this as an option.
Does it hold up well if it is only tarped?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
When this thread started I hadn't used Clearlane. Last winter I did and I wasn't impressed. Not sure how much liquid they are mixing per ton but there's enough that it runs out of a vee box within an hour of loading at the depot and pools in the bottom of a bin after a couple days. Wouldn't mind that but it appears there is very little material left on the salt after it sits a while. My gut feeling is that it doesn't stick(on the salt) nearly as well as Magic does and that it also isn't as effective as Magic.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good to know, we will be using a dump insert salter, so that could cause even more problems could it not?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Maybe not, the stuff seems to be quite effective at preventing clumping. You might see some material gumming up in the corners of the insert.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts