1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
They have been out for a few years now and they actually make a trip edge model now also.

A few contractors around these parts use then in condo complexs to clear driveways.

Jay

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to remember I am from the eastern shore of Md.! We do not get the snow you all do! I am one of a few that has two plows! We only get two or three snows a year if its a good year!
No fishers, just westerns, snoways, plow on tractors.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hey not everyone can spend all day looking at every plow on the market.:p ..If i only got 3 storms a year i wouldnt even bother.

·
Registered
243 Posts
before I had found this forum I didnt even know there was other plows beside ,fisher,western,the boss and meyers

I think that plow he shown is the greastest,Had I seen one prior to august I would have purchased it .

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
BOUNDS-ELECTRIC said:
You have to remember I am from the eastern shore of Md.! We do not get the snow you all do! I am one of a few that has two plows! We only get two or three snows a year if its a good year!
No fishers, just westerns, snoways, plow on tractors.
Same here, if it weren't for these forums, I wouldn't have known about Blizzard. See what I bought.

I am pretty sure, I have seen everything out there either via the internet, or equipment epo's.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Does it do a good job backdragging? Looks like there is not enough downward force/weight to drag.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Although the information here on the forums is priceless, well before these forums I was getting the industry specific publications.....Turf, PRO, Equipment Today, etc......They ALL have a special SNOW related insert or special every October or so.

This is how I found out about the BOSS back in 1993. Well before the internet was what it is today.

Don't take this personally, but there was a study done a few years back and the Eastern Shore of Maryland had the highest percent of homes without indoor plumbing....(ie: Outhouses that are still being used)

So maybe the information pipeline takes a while to get down his way :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
OK all you old timers, there are new people coming onto these forums everyday (Me included). Granted, some of our questions or discoveries may have been hashed over a few times but, there may be NEW information that someone provides that even the old timers can learn from.

Try not to bash someone for "discovering" something new to them and taking the time to share it with the rest of us.

I for one appreciated the post, the information, and the resulting questions and answers.

Downward force was the first thing that popped into my head as well. One company I work for uses Daniels back blades on all thier trucks. Another company that I haul for only uses front blades. The difference is phenominal. Something like this blade might be a decent remedy for the latter company.

Sorry for the gripe, I just hate it when people do that.. Not just here but, any place you go, there's always someone that's been there a long time before you and doesn't want to rehash old things.

Paul

·
Registered
908 Posts
Does it do a good job backdragging? Looks like there is not enough downward force/weight to drag.

Theres more than enough weight for it to do a decent job backdragging, the problems we noticed with them was that the marker sticks are spring loaded and leave marks on garage doors if you get within the length of the sticks and that the lift assymbly is a scissors type with a cylinder, if the power unit fails, there isnt a simple way to "short chain". You have to get creative on chaining the plow up to get it back to the shop.

I did install a few a couple of years ago and they havent come back yet all busted up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TLS

I guess we do not get the latest snow removal products because we do not get the snow that they get up north! But I am thankful for a site like this that can share such products! I am sure there are things here that you have not heard of!

p.s I have always had running water! But there are lot of back houses south of me that don't! Lets keep sharing, this will give us all something to think about! Together we all will learn!!!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I saw those when they first came out. Good concept. It has its area for sure. I think it would be better than a back plow because you can see how far away you are from that $800 Garage door! I havn't heard any feedback, bad or good, from them though.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
David Smith said:
more pieces=less strength?
I beg to differ on that point. From an engineering standpoint look at what youve stated. Lets for instance look at an X blade compared to say a standard straightblade. More Bracing (aka "MORE PIECES" compared to the straight blade) = MORE strength.

Its not the always number of components that determines the strenth of the device but is instead the processes involved in building the device. (cold working, hot working, annealing and other processes done to the raw steel determine many of these variables in strength)

Jay

·
Registered
196 Posts
That's why I put the question mark after that statement (question) :)

I didn't know, was kind of curious thats all.

There's a market for everything, and while I wouldn't purchase one myself, it does look like a novel concept!

·
Registered
333 Posts
David Smith said:
That's why I put the question mark after that statement (question) :)

I didn't know, was kind of curious thats all.

There's a market for everything, and while I wouldn't purchase one myself, it does look like a novel concept!

i agree and also things break know matter how many or how little moving parts there are on something.

just like the new western i got this year.i noticed the welds were very short on the ribs to mold board. well i had 1 crack and one broke off clean.i took out my welder and made full beeds all the way down the ribs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Hiniker C-Plow works great for back-dragging. I have had one for several years and find that it works extremely well. I have not had any problems with making marks on garage doors either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts