Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a ceramic (or any other type of coating) for their plow so that the snow will not stick to it?

·
Banned
432 Posts
Has anyone tried a ceramic (or any other type of coating) for their plow so that the snow will not stick to it?
On a serious note without no BS from Fred-Mark Oomkes just wax it with good wax. Make sure when you go by the car wash put that liquid wax on the plow in between your good hand waxing and leave it on don't rinse it like you do the cab. Always worked for us never used no ceramic coating. Good Luck

·
Banned
432 Posts
Walter uses grease from the grease traps he sucks he puts that 5hit on everything
Nice Job! fred, alias Mark Oomkes of

http://www.oomkeslandscape.com/

This is a fella suppose to be a drug free company. Claims he is one of 6 contractors approved to be approved to work big clients in Michigan, Grand rapids. Claims to be a drug free company and yet don't test. Let me see, drug addicted, nut case. Which is the worst of 2 evils. Meh, I will just go with the drug addict. If I know he's sober I'm safe, not much you can do with the nut case.

·
Registered
107 Posts
A good coat of paint with a coat of clear coat Works fine.

Another trick to keep snow from sticking his leave your plow outside in the cold and out of the sun snow mostly sticks to a warm blade

Then adjust your quail for your dropspeed so when you raise your plow all the way up and hit lower it willdrop fast enough so when it hits the ground it will knock any snow off of it.

Car wax or wax from the car wash will wear off of the blade in a matter of minutes,so will Pam or anything else your smear on to the blade.

Even if you’ve used wax that is for snow skis it will wear off in a matter of hours .

Fall line used to make an industrial coating called glide. I don’t see them listing it any longer it would last a day or two under heavy use before needing to be reapplied .

·
Registered
228 Posts
Isn't ceramic a baked on type of finish? I do not know how you would get that applied. Keep it clean smooth and painted.
I have read about guys spraying the moileboard down with WD-40, tho I have never tried it.
Usually here the heavy wet snows are what sticks.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Isn't ceramic a baked on type of finish? I do not know how you would get that applied. Keep it clean smooth and painted.
I have read about guys spraying the moileboard down with WD-40, tho I have never tried it.
Usually here the heavy wet snows are what sticks.
Yes, you could bake it on.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wouldn’t the ceramic coating ,that I would think would be very hard and brittle not crack and flake off as the plow flexed or encountered an impact with a hard object ?

Sure I guess it could be done but you think it’s the best option ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ceramic Pro makes a clear ceramic coat for use on cars. Doesn't require any heat, just time to air dry. The stuff is stupid expensive though and I am unsure of how well it'll hold up on a plow. You can see if there are cheaper brands out there to give it a try and see.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Wouldn’t the ceramic coating ,that I would think would be very hard and brittle not crack and flake off as the plow flexed or encountered an impact with a hard object ?

Sure I guess it could be done but you think it’s the best option ?
It could be easily chipped. Corning glass would be the company to ask.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts