Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making an deflector for my meyer plow and i can' seem to find good rubber. I went to a topsoil screening place and all they had was really banged up stuff. Any ideas? Also about how many inches should the deflector hang down? ThaNKS
Nick

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nick if you don't have any luck up your way, there is a place down the street from me here in Beltsville that has everything rubber

·
Registered
905 Posts
Look up Big Nate's Plowing on the member list and click his web link,he's got a pretty good chart that lists dimensions and also sells the deflector kits.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
check your local phone book for commercial supply places some of them carry conveor belt. sand and gravel pits, of just order one from nate whichever way you go though i would recomend putting a strip of 1 X 1/4 or 2 X 1/4 flat stock as a retanor on the deflector it will help keep the rubber from pulling off the bolts.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Here's a pic of my deflector, it's made out of two 4 foot pieces of rubber off of a towing sling from a tow truck. I got it for free from my mechanic who services tow trucks. I've been plowing with it for about two weeks now and so far I love it. Just another option for you Nick.

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Chris I may give you a call this week to find out the info on that place. Im just not finding anything around here. Im using angle iron in a 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" by 7 1/2 feet long. Im gonna bolt that to the moldboard with like & bolts through the plow blade its self. Adam i agree with the retanor idea and Im gonna be sure to use some lock washers as well.
-Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts