Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am completely new to the hydraulic snow plows.. For the last 20 years I have been using a Snow Bear electric plow on a small ford Ranger.. I decided it was time to upgrade to a power angle plow since I now have a Dodge Ram. I bought an older western snow plow that is in pretty good condition but I really want to make sure I have some back up parts on hand in case something goes wrong out in the field.

I bought a Western uni-mount. The sticker on the blade says it is a Pro-Plow model #60381 7ft 6in blade with what I was told by a dealer it has what is called a SEHP pump on it. I would like to completely change the fluid and filter on the pump for now. The plow worked great when I bought it but when inspecting the pump filter it doesnt seem to have been changed in a while. The fluid looked good and clean.

The problem I am having is I can not seem to find the pump that is in my plow. can someone please help.

Thank you guys so much and I hope I can bug everyone with more questions in the future since I have never had one of these plows :tango_face_wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hydraulic pump or electric motor?
I am looking for the Hydraulic pump that is in the picture.. This is the pump that goes inside the red power unit. The electric motor that sits on top of the unit I do not need.

someone correct me if I am wrong but I think the power motor that is on top is pretty much universal except the older units and where the ground wire connects

Below is a picture of my power unit. The pump in the pictures above connects under the motor that is sitting on top

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Plow parts direct has them.
Or Amazon has them as well, just search for western unimout.
Westerns website has all the parts, and owners manuals there.
It's a unimout so plenty of information out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knucklebusta;
Thanks for the information.. I have seen the hydraulic pump that you are referring to but maybe I am not asking the right question... The answer I am looking for would be the pumps that I see on Amazon is different than the one I have. The pump that is in my unit has 1 hole on the bottom of the pump and the ones I see on Amazon or even Ebay have 2 holes on the bottom..

The pictures in this comment are the first one is the pump I have and the second one would be the pumps listed on Amazon or Ebay

Here is a link to the Amazon Pump
https://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-49211-Western-Snowplow-Blade/dp/B0191TB4GE/ref=pd_sbs_60_1/144-3129733-5148946?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0191TB4GE&pd_rd_r=62c1f6df-6a1f-11e9-94bd-393e388bbf8d&pd_rd_w=RKnxD&pd_rd_wg=8IFNd&pf_rd_p=588939de-d3f8-42f1-a3d8-d556eae5797d&pf_rd_r=XQ6A4GRJR8S9V4WCYKW6&psc=1&refRID=XQ6A4GRJR8S9V4WCYKW6

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts