Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ultramount for a 2003 Chevy p/u. I am having an Utramount installed on a 1995 Ford p/u. I understand the Chevy light harness is 12 pin and the Ford is 9 pin. I was wondering if the control wires are always the same so if I had to carry the other trucks plow home due to a breakdown I could get everything to work but the lights. Second do you think it would be possible to make up adapters so either truck could carry the others plow home if needed with lights working?

Ray

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I do not know about if it can be done but if you have a breakdown you could always throw a jack under the A-frame and shorten the chain and that will get ya home.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking if the truck breaks down. If I need it towed I would like to take the plow home with the other truck.

Ray

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
The plow will still work,but the lights may not operate correctly.I had the same problems with the old vs new Dodges with different headlight.I just rewired them so they were both the same.

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
My guess is that even tho the truck side is different , the plow sides would be the same, and operate properly. I know every unimount that I have connected has all worked correctly. This isnt the to say that things have changed with the ultra mount.
Dino

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
ray- does your chevy have 3 plugs and the isolation module? That's what I've got on my ford and I had the option between that and the 'classic' western 2-plug solenoid setup. Just try to make sure that you get the same harness on the ford as you have on your chevy, and they should interchange just fine. I'd buy an 8 or 8-1/2 for that ford and switcheroo with the chevy... just a thought- I always wanted more blade on my chev.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ezsnow,

My Chevy has the relays. Since the Ford is older and I don't know how it has been taken care of and the fact that it is a 150 I have decided to save some weight and go with a 7.5 standard plow with an autramount and a fisher 500 hitch spreader. I know many will argue to go bigger and heavy. But this truck will mostly be running around subdivisions plowing. We dont get much snow around here so I think I will do okay with the standard on this truck. I hope to have it all on the truck by monday. I will then post pics of the truck.

Ray

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well,
the plow was mounted. I think they used a ISOLATION MODULE. Thats just GREAT if they did. My new truck has relays. My old truck will have a better system. As you can see by the picture this dealer did a better job than the dealer that did my Chevy. And to think this dealer is a Myer dealer. He did the Western for me because thats what I wanted. He also put the Fisher spreader on for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
yup- that's an isolation module! Now, why have come home with a new (to you) plow truck and shown us only the wiring? I'm supremely disappointed in you, ray! I can only assume you will correct this situation as soon as possible!
-Derek

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EZSNOW,
I posted some pics on the Ford forum. Here's one.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts