Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 92 Mazda Navajo a couple years ago and have since replaced with a new Xterra fro daily driving duties. I wasw wondering what I would need to do to add it to be able to plow my own driveway (100' gravel with a decent grade maybe an hours worth of plowing per storm)

What size blade? 6' assuming or is there one smaller? Lexan vs steel?
I definetly have to replace the tires but are any upgrades to the springs or shocks needed? Front/back or both?

What should I expect the plow equipment setup and install to cost me? I know this will be ballpark but before I start talkng to an installer, I'd like some perspective. TIA for the help!!

Craig

·
Registered
32 Posts
HEY CHECKOUT SNOWBEAR PLOW. I BOUGHT ONE FOR NISSAN TRUCK. VERY LIGHT AND ONLY 1600 FOR ALL THE GOODIES. LIGHT IS KEY ONLY 275LBS. I DIDNOT HAVE TO CHANGE SPRINGS OR DO ANYTHING TO MY SUSPENSION. SNOW BEAR MAKES KIT FOR ALMOST ALL SUV AND SMALL TRUCKS. I INSTALLED MYSELF IN ABOUT 1/2 DAY....AND NO I AM NOT EMPLOYED BY THEM

·
Registered
866 Posts
Psssst- hjls3- typing in all caps is yelling- as well as painful on the eyes to ayone who reads too much!! LOL!! I noticed you used all the rigt punctuation- if it's a matter of just being easier to type in caps vs using the shift key- just type in lowercase then! Thanks!

On that note I will say that I agree with your statement- lighter is better- and if you are only looking to do your own driveway than the snobear is a good choice- if you are however toying with the idea of possibly picking up a few side jobs near your home- then consider the extra expense of a lexan or poly plow with some minor front end upgrades. I know Snoway, Curtiss and I think Meyer all offer poly/lexan blades, and Fisher sells a smaller unit- the Homesteader if I'm not mistaken- that would work on your vehicle if you were thinking about doing a little more. Hope this helps!!

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts